Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger’s net worth is $500,000. Also know about Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship, and more …
Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger Wiki Biography
- Ralph Hubert Barger was born in Modesto, California, USA, on 8 October 1938.
- He is a biker and author, best known for founding the Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club’s Oakland chapter.
- The famous club has been described by the U.S. Department of Justice as an outlaw gang and crime syndicate, but their success has always made them a pop culture symbol.
- Sonny has starred in numerous movies that helped to improve his net worth.
- Sources inform us of a net worth of $500,000 as of early 2016, mainly gained via popular books, films, and television shows.
- While being part of the Hell’s Angels, he may have also earned substantial sums of income.
- It was understood that all the members of the club owned Harley-Davidson motorcycles and that Sonny owned about a dozen.
- He runs a bike repair shop as well.
- Sonny was responsible for bringing numerous motorcycle clubs together during the 1950s until the 1960s to form the Hell’s Angels in 1957, a club bent on achieving worldwide expansion.
- Barger became a popular gang member and became the subject of several novels, such as “Hell’s Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs” by Hunter S. Thompson.
- Sonny has been concentrating his attention more on writing books and encouraging motorcycle safety in recent years.
- He is the author of five books, and these are “Hell’s Angel: Sonny Barger and the Hell’s Angel Motorcycle Club’s Life and Times,” “Dead in 5 Heartbeats,” “Freedom: Credos from the Road,” “6 Chambers, 1 Bullet,” and “Motorcycling Guide for Sonny Barger.”
- Sonny has been married to Zorana since 2005 because of her personal life.
- As a result of heavy smoking, Sonny was diagnosed with throat cancer during the 1980s.
- As a result, his vocal cords were cut and he learned to speak using the muscles in his throat after a laryngectomy.
- He also listed that he didn’t like Harley-Davidsons in one of his books and was only riding them for the club.
- He chose a Honda, a BMW, or any model from Japan that concentrated on building bigger bikes.
- Sonny currently resides in the New River town.
- IMDB Wikipedia Hells Angels Biker $500 Thousand 1938 1938-10-8 Actor American Associated Press Author California Crime Culture Dead in 5 Heartbeats (2004) District Attorney Encryption Liberation (2006) Gimme Shelter (1970) Gonzo: Dr. Hunter S. Thompson’s Life and Work (2008) Grand Jury Hell’s Angel (2000) Hell’s Angels’ 69 (1969) Hell’s Angels Forever (1983) Hells Angels on Wheels Television Texas United States USA Television Ridin’ Strong Sonny Barger Net Worth Sons of Anarchy (2010-2012)
Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger Quick Info
|Full Name||Sonny Barger|
|Date Of Birth||October 8, 1938|
|Place Of Birth||Modesto, California, USA|
|Profession||Author, actor, “Hells Angels” biker|
|Parents||Kathryn Carmella Barger, Ralph Hubert Barger|
|Movies||Hell’s Angels on Wheels (1967), Hell’s Angels ’69 (1969), Hell’s Angels Forever (1983), Sons of Anarchy (2010-2012)|
Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger Trademarks
- Motorcycle Rider
- Hells Angel Biker
Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger Quotes
- Don’t take shit from your enemies that you’d never take from your friends.
- If you treat me right, I’ll treat you better. If you treat me wrong, I’ll treat you worse.
- If I ever get too old to ride my motorcycle and have pretty girls, I’d rather just rob a bank and go back to prison.
- (Referring to Keith Richards during the Altamont Concert in December 1969.) “I stood next to him and stuck my Pistol into his side and told him to start playing his Guitar or he was dead.”
- The urge to jump on a motorcycle – to journey as a rebel and be free of boundaries and limits…
- While most of us merely dream of it, I pursued that lifestyle – choosing freedom over restraint, facing danger without fear, in the fellowship of the most famous Motorcycle club in history – I’m legendary leader who symbolizes the spirit of liberty.
- I never thought freedom was cheap.
Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger Important Facts
- Barger and the Hells Angels made international headlines when a small group disrupted hundreds of anti-war protesters in Berkeley, California in 1965.
- In April 1957 he was riding to Gardena, CA. and his motorcycle broke down on the highway. A Hells Angel stopped to help him. After that encounter he started the Oakland chapter.
- In November 1965 Barger sent a letter to president Lyndon Johnson at the White House in support of the war in Vietnam: “I volunteer a group of loyal Americans for behind-the-line duty in Vietnam. We are available for training and duty immediately.” Barger received a letter in response from an officer stating if they wanted to fight they would have to enlist in the army.
- Barger and the Hells Angels supported the war in Vietnam.
- In 1988 Barger was sentenced for conspiring to blow up the clubhouse of a rival motorcycle club, the Outlaws in Louisville, Kentucky. He spent four years in federal prison in Arizona.
- He moved from Oakland to Cave Creek, AZ. in 1998.
- He has 2 dogs – Hannah and Freedom.
- In 1957 he started the Oakland Chapter of the Hells Angeles.
- Since he is a convicted criminal, he has lost his right to vote and own a gun.
- His father was an alcoholic.
- Hates Harley-Davidson Motorcycles.
- He always carries a marker/pen with him to sign autographs.
- His mother abandoned the family when he was a very young.
- Dropped out of School at age 16 to join the United States Army.
- In 1982 he was diagnosed with cancer of the larynx; the doctors gave him two weeks to live.
- Has only owned between 10-12 bikes in his life.
- In 1958 he became president of the Oakland chapter of the Hells Angels.
- Is a member of the Cave Creek Chapter of the Hells Angels in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Is one of the most famous outlaw Bikers in the world.
- Involved in the infamous 1969 Rolling Stones free Concert of Altamont in the San Francisco bay area, which resulted the death of a young man who brought a Gun to the Concert which erupted into in a fight with the Hell’s Angels. Later, the Hell’s Angels were acquitted on all charges. (December 6, 1969)
- In 1982 he was diagnosed with cancer of the larynx and his vocal cords were removed. On the way to the operating room he smoked one last cigarette. After the operation he had to learn how to talk again.
- Served in the United States Army (1955).
Ralph Hubert “Sonny” Barger Filmography
|Dead in 5 Heartbeats||2013||Traders Bar Patron||Actor|
|Sons of Anarchy||2010-2012||TV Series||Lenny ‘The Pimp’ Janowitz||Actor|
|Hell’s Angels ’69||1969||Sonny||Actor|
|Hells Angels on Wheels||1967||President of the Hells Angels||Actor|
|Angels from Hell||1968||story consultant||Miscellaneous|
|Hells Angels on Wheels||1967||technical advisor||Miscellaneous|
|Dead in 5 Heartbeats||2013||producer||Producer|
|Off the Boulevard||2011||Documentary||Himself||Self|
|Tracks||2008||TV Series documentary||Himself||Self|
|Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson||2008||Documentary||Himself||Self|
|Harley Davidson: The Spirit of America||2005||Video documentary||Himself||Self|
|Tout le monde en parle||2004||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Hells Angels Forever||1983||Documentary||Himself – Hells Angels President||Self|
|Sonny Barger Confronts VDC||1965||Documentary short||Himself||Self|