Jody Watley net worth is $4 Million. Also know about Jody Watley bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Jody Watley Wiki Biography
Jody Vanessa Watley is known as Jody Watley in the music world. The talented woman is a singer and songwriter. She is also a record producer, pianist, dancer, actor and even a fashion model. How rich is such a multi tasking personality? It is announced, that Jody Watley net worth is estimated to be 4 million dollars. Jody Watley’s name is well known among Pop, Jazz, R&B, Dance and Electronic Soul music lovers. Jody Watley owns Grammy Award in category “Best New Artist” and together with Janet Jackson and Madonna she is one of the most nominated female singers ever in MTV Video Music Awards. Her „Real Love“ music video was nominated for sic times.
Watley is known to be the first who set the trends and for dancing, style, video and music. Jody Watley is the pioneer singer in Pop/R&B. Jody Watley net worth was increased in 2008 as she received Lifetime Achievement Award and appeared on Vogue Italia. Her music is influenced by Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Roberta Flack, Marvin Gaye and other famous artists.
Jody Vanessa Watley was born on 30 January in 1959, in Chicago. She started her career at the age of eight. When Jody was fourteen she debuted on the TV dancing show Soul Train. The successful appearance on the show brought her fame and opportunity to join R&B band Shalamar where she was performing for seven years. The work with the band was profitable for the singer. They have created US hits “Dead Giveaway”, “For The Lover In You”, “The Second Time Around” and “A Night To Remember”. Jody Watley was also a songwriter of several songs of Shalamar albums.
In 1987 Jody Watley signed a contract with MCA Records and released the album “Jody Watley”. It was a huge success adding a lot to the singer‘s net worth. The album contains single “Looking for a New Love” which was certified gold. With more than 4 million copies sold worldwide, it became number one on Billboard Hot R&B Albums Chart. Other well known and profitable work of Jody Watley is the album “Larger than Life” (1989) with singles such as “Real Love”, “Looking for a New Love” and “Everything”. The same year Jody was a model of the cover of the fashion magazine SPUR. Jody Vanessa Watley stayed involved with the fashion while releasing her next album and she made her style statements. Other famous works of the singer are “Affairs of the heart”, “Flower”, “Affection”, “Intimacy”, “Midnight Lounge”, “The makeover”.
Jody Watley is married to André Cymone who is also talented musician, singer, producer, songwriter and was a bass guitarist for recording artist Prince’s touring band. They have got two children, Lauren and Arie.
In short, Jody Vanessa Watley has a net worth of 4 million dollars and she has earned it throughout her whole life career as an ingenious musician trying different music genres such as R&B, Pop, Jazz and Electronic Soul. Jody is active in charity and social work. She agreed to sing in a concert whose purpose was to collect money for victims of earthquake in Malaysia.
IMDB Wikipedia $4 Million 1959 5 ft 6 in (1.7 m) Actor Affairs of the Heart Affairs of the Heart (1991) Affection Affection (1995) African American American Music Awards André Cymone Arie Cymone Band Aid Band Aid (1984) Billboard Music Awards Chicago Dance-pop Dancer Diana Ross Fashion Model Flower (1998) Illinois Intimacy Intimacy (1993) Janet Jackson January 30 Jody Jody Vanessa Watley Jody Watley Jody Watley (1987) Jody Watley Net Worth Jody Whatley jody_watley Larger than Life Larger Than Life (1989) Lauren Watley Looking for a New Love Madonna Marvin Gaye MCA Records Melissa Manchester Midnight Lounge Midnight Lounge (2001) Midori MTV Video Music Award MTV Video Music Awards Music Paradise EP (2014) Pianist Record producer Rhythm and blues Roberta Flack Shalamar Shalamar (1977 – 1984) Singer Singers Songwriter Soul Train Music Awards Stevie Wonder The Makeover The Makeover (2006) The Saturday Night Experience (1999) United States United States of America Watley
Jody Watley Quick Info
|Full Name||Jody Watley|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Date Of Birth||January 30, 1959|
|Place Of Birth||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)|
|Profession||Singer, Record producer, Songwriter, Pianist, Fashion Model, Dancer, Actor|
|Children||Arie Cymone, Lauren Watley|
|Nicknames||Jody Whatley , jody_watley , Watley, Jody , Jody Vanessa Watley|
|Awards||Grammy Award for Best New Artist, Lifetime Achievement Award (2008)|
|Record Labels||MCA Records, SOLAR, Atlantic, Giant Step Records, Avitone Records|
|Albums||Jody Watley (1987), Larger Than Life (1989), Affairs of the Heart (1991), Intimacy (1993), Affection (1995), Flower (1998), The Saturday Night Experience (1999), Midnight Lounge (2001), The Makeover (2006), Paradise EP (2014)|
|Music Groups||Shalamar (1977 – 1984), Band Aid (1984)|
|Nominations||American Music Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, Soul Train Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards|
|TV Shows||“Soul Train” (1967), Larger Than Life Tour (1989), The Intimate Tour (1993), Colors of Christmas (2002), Superfreestyle Freestyle Explosion (2015/2016)|
Jody Watley Quotes
- I’m more interested in broadening my creative boundaries and issuing lasting messages of substance than in having record breaking sales.
- I don’t want to be a singer who just makes dance records.
- I’m an entertainer and I love to dance, but I’ve never done major choreography before. If I have a big fear, it’s the hand jive routine.
- When you say pioneer, I think cowboy boots, horse and covered wagons, but yeah I guess so.
- I wanted to be a singer when I was 5 years old. But when I was making a new album – kind of before, I listened to a lot of music from the 1970s and everything and every time I listen to albums that Marvin Gaye was going on, a lot of his records–like Stevie Wonder and Isaac Hayes, and I was thinking about the kind of music that James Brown was kind of making, not just to get up and do your thing, but, “Say it Loud and Proud – Stay in School, get an education!”
- [In 1993] There are a lot of romantic things that I like to talk about, too, and those things really talking about more intimate things, that’s real hard sometimes, and you might want something–be afraid to ask.
Jody Watley Important Facts
- Her mentor when she was young was the late Don Cornelius.
- Was with Don Cornelius at the Grammy Awards, before his suicide.
- Founded her own record label, Avitone Records, in 1995.
- Appeared in an infomercial, hosted by Smokey Robinson and Angela Martinez, for TimeLife’s “The Best of Soul Train” DVD collection. 
- #1 on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Play week ending June 16, 2007 with a cover of Chic’s “I Want Your Love.” [June 2007]
- Currently promoting the release of critically acclaimed “The Makeover” International Edition, released via Avitone/ADA-Global [November 2009]
- Popularized the phrase “Hasta La Vista Ba-by” in her hit “Looking For A New Love” before Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator (1984).
- Recorded song with legendary film and television composer Henry Mancini.
- Has had a total of 32 Top Ten Singles since 1987 to date in 2009 in a diverse range of genres from Pop, R&B, Dance and Adult Contemporary.
- Named One of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People.
- Named One of America’s Ten Most Beautiful Women by Harper’s Bazaar Magazine along with Michelle Pfeiffer.
- On March 3, 1990, her platinum-selling album “Larger Than Life” was nominated for a NARM Award for Best Selling Black Music Album / Female, against Janet Jackson, Karyn White and Anita Baker.
- She has sold over 10 million albums and singles worldwide.
- Her debut album hit #1 on 3 weeks on the Billboard Top R&B Albums chart and sold over 2 million copies in the US, the lead single “Looking For A New Love”, was nominated for a Grammy and also reached #1. The album also included the hits “Still A Thrill” (#3 R&B), “Don’t You Want Me” (#3 R&B), “Most Of All” (#11 R&B) and “Some Kind Of Lover” (#4 R&B). She ranks at the #144 most successful R&B artist of all time according to Billboard Magazine.
- Along with Janet Jackson and Madonna, ranks as one of MTV Video Music Award’s most nominated artist ever, with ten nominations.
- Was nominated for Best Music Video, Best Single and Best Album at the 1988 Soul Train Music Awards.
- Has two kids.
- Was a Soul Train (1971) dancer.
- Goddaughter of Jackie Wilson.
- Was a founding member of the 1970s disco group Shalamar.
- Won a Grammy Award in the category of Best New Artist in 1987.
- Sang the pop hits “Looking for a New Love”, “Don’t You Want Me?”, “Some Kind of Lover”, “Real Love”, “Friends” & “Everything”.
- Is the first African-American woman to portray Betty Rizzo in the Broadway revival of “Grease”.
Jody Watley Filmography
|The Mo’Nique Show||TV Series performer – 1 episode, 2011 writer – 1 episode, 2011||Soundtrack|
|Live from Studio Five||2010||TV Series performer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Lost & Found||1999/I||writer: “Real Love”||Soundtrack|
|Doctor Dolittle||1998||performer: “Lovin’ You So”||Soundtrack|
|Melrose Place||1993||TV Series performer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Beverly Hills, 90210||1993||TV Series performer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|White Men Can’t Jump||1992||performer: “LET ME MAKE IT UP TO YOU TONIGHT”||Soundtrack|
|Switch||1991||performer: “It’s All There”||Soundtrack|
|Red Hot and Blue||1990||TV Movie performer: “After You, Who?”||Soundtrack|
|Doogie Howser, M.D.||TV Series performer – 1 episode, 1989 writer – 1 episode, 1989||Soundtrack|
|Nick Knight||1989||TV Movie performer: “Real Love” – uncredited||Soundtrack|
|Mystery Men||1999||Disco Girl||Actress|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||1995||TV Series||Musical Guest||Actress|
|2012 Soul Train Awards||2012||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|Don Cornelius: Visionary, Trailblazer & Cultural Icon||2012||TV Movie||Herself||Self|
|RuPaul’s Drag Race||2011||TV Series||Herself – Guest Judge||Self|
|Way Black When: Primetime||2011||TV Series||Herself – Performer||Self|
|The Mo’Nique Show||2011||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|VH1 Rock Docs||2010||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Unsung||2009||TV Series documentary||Herself||Self|
|Catch 21||2009||TV Series||Herself – Celebrity Contestant||Self|
|Live with Kelly and Michael||2006||TV Series||Herself / Musical Guest||Self|
|Work Out||2006||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|I Love the ’80s Strikes Back||2003||TV Series documentary||Herself||Self|
|Babyface: A Collection of Hit Videos||2001||Video||Herself (segment “This Is For The Lover The In You”)||Self|
|Top Ten||2001||TV Series documentary||Herself||Self|
|The Daily Show||1998||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The Rosie O’Donnell Show||1998||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|ABC Afterschool Specials||1992-1994||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The Arsenio Hall Show||1994||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The 36th Annual Grammy Awards||1994||TV Special||Herself – Presenter||Self|
|Soul Train||1980-1993||TV Series documentary||Herself / Herself – Guest / Guest||Self|
|The 6th Annual Soul Train Music Awards||1992||TV Special||Herself – Presenter||Self|
|Ebony/Jet Showcase||1987-1992||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The 19th Annual American Music Awards||1992||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|The 5th Annual Soul Train Music Awards||1991||TV Special||Herself – Presenter||Self|
|Red Hot and Blue||1990||TV Movie||Herself||Self|
|The 4th Annual Soul Train Music Awards||1990||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|The 17th Annual American Music Awards||1990||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|Dance to Fitness||1990||Video||Herself||Self|
|The 1989 Annual MTV Video Music Awards||1989||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|House of Style||1989||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The 2nd Annual Soul Train Music Awards||1988||TV Special||Herself – Presenter||Self|
|The 15th Annual American Music Awards||1988||TV Special||Herself – Presenter||Self|
|20th NAACP Image Awards||1988||TV Special||Herself – Presenter||Self|
|1987 Power Hits: New Year’s Eve Countdown||1987||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|New American Bandstand 1965||1979-1987||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Top of the Pops||1982||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The Best Hit USA||2016||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|One on One with Jasper Cole||2016||TV Series||Herself – Co-Host||Self|
|Unsung||2010||TV Series documentary||Herself (as Shalamar)||Archive Footage|