Taylor Hicks net worth is $2 Million. Also know about Taylor Hicks bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Taylor Hicks Wiki Biography
Taylor Reuben Hicks, commonly known as Taylor Hicks, is a famous American musician, singer, songwriter, author, as well as a record producer. Taylor Hicks is perhaps best known as a winner of the fifth season of the reality television show “American Idol”. With Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson on the panel of judges, the fifth season of the show is considered to be the highest-rated season in the history of “American Idol”. The season featured incredible performances from Chris Daughtry, Mandisa, as well as Kellie Pickler. In the finale of the show, Hicks competed against Katharine McPhee and won with a song called “Do I Make You Proud”, which was later released as his first single.
Competing in “American Idol” helped Taylor Hicks launch a successful solo career, as well as contributed to his international success. A well-known singer and songwriter, how rich is Taylor Hicks then? The sources state that Taylor Hicks’ net worth is estimated to be $2 million, while his earnings in 2013 amounted to $2.5 million. The majority of Taylor Hicks’ net worth and annual salary comes from his career as a singer.
Taylor Hicks was born in 1976, in Birmingham, Alabama, but when he was eight, he moved out to Hoover together with his family. Prior to his success in the “American Idol”, Hicks was a singer for a band called “Passing Through”. He then left the band and recorded his first album “In Your Time”. At the time, Hicks was travelling back and forth between Nashville where he recorded several songs with Percy Sledge and Billy Earl McClelland, and Alabama. It was in Alabama where Hicks decided to begin his professional career. Upon his return, he started performing at various bars and venues and even sang together with James Brown, Tom Petty, Snoop Dogg and Jackson Browne. In 2005, Hicks released his second album called “Under the Radar” and a year later participated in and won a singing competition “American Idol”. The success of “American Idol” gave Hicks the opportunity to work with such artists as Snoop Dogg and Widespread Panic, and make collaborations with his former “American Idol” competitors.
In 2006, Taylor Hicks signed a deal worthy of $750 thousand to write a book about his life titled “Heart Full of Soul”. In addition to that, he signed a record deal with Vanguard/Welk Records and released an album titled “Early Works” under their name. A year later Hicks came out with his third studio album and the first album under his own independent label called “The Distance”. The album peaked at #58 on the Billboard 200 and sold over 9 thousand copies during its debut week. So far, Taylor Hicks has released three studio albums, one live album, and one compilation album. In addition to that, Hicks made an appearance on one of the episodes of the police legal drama series “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”, as well as a talk show called “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon”. A famous singer and songwriter, Taylor Hicks has a net worth of $2 million.
IMDB Wikipedia “In Your Time”“American Idol” “Passing Through” “Under the Radar” $2 million 1976 6 ft (1.85 m) Actor Alabama American Idol American Idol Extra American Idols LIVE! Tour American television AmericanIdol Author Billy Earl McClelland Birmingham Chris Daughtry Daughtry Do I Make You Proud Early Works Hicks Jackson Browne James Brown Katharine McPhee Kellie Pickler Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Mandisa Music Musician October 7 Paula Abdul Percy Sledge Randy Jackson Record producer Restaurateur Simon Cowell Singer Singer-songwriter Singers Singing Snoop Dogg Songwriter Tay Tay Taylor Taylor Hicks Taylor Hicks Net Worth Taylor Reuben Hicks Television in the United States The Distance The Silver Fox Tom Petty United States United States of America Warren Haynes
Taylor Hicks Quick Info
|Full Name||Taylor Hicks|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Date Of Birth||October 7, 1976|
|Place Of Birth||Birmingham, Alabama, United States|
|Height||6 ft (1.85 m)|
|Profession||Singer, Musician, Author, Songwriter, Record producer, Singer-songwriter, Actor, Restaurateur|
|Education||Hoover High School, Auburn University, Do I Make You Proud, Son of a Carpenter, Maybe You Should, Wilkesboro, NC, United States, Charlotte, NC, United States, Atlanta, GA, United States|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Parents||Pamela Dickinson, Bradley Hicks, Do I Make You Proud, Son of a Carpenter, Maybe You Should, Wilkesboro, NC, United States, Charlotte, NC, United States, Atlanta, GA, United States|
|Nicknames||Taylor Reuben Hicks , Hicks, Taylor , Tay Tay , The Silver Fox|
|Movies||, American Idol, Warren Haynes|
|TV Shows||American Idol|
Taylor Hicks Trademarks
- Grey hair
Taylor Hicks Quotes
- I stole an Otis Redding album from a buddy of mine’s house when I was about 10 years old and I have been in love with it ever since. It must have been a bug or something. He told me to keep it.
- I love New York. I’m working on Broadway and it’s a great way for me to get my feet wet in acting and a great way to season yourself as a performer. I’ve been able to breathe more as a songwriter, having the time and being able to find the right songs.
- Come on America! I’m living the American dream!
- It’s music man. If it’s in your heart, you feel it, you play it, you sing it, you perform it, you bust your buns doing it, and that’s what it’s all about.
- When you are doing something you love, sleep can wait!
- I want my voice heard.
Taylor Hicks Important Facts
- Has a younger half-brother named Sean, who encouraged Taylor to audition.
- Not only is he the oldest person to win American Idol, he is also the first white man to win, and the first guy to win over a girl in the finale.
- In his Idol audition, Simon predicted he’d never “make it to the finals”, but instead ended up winning American Idol without ever being in the bottom two or three. Simon quickly took back his words on the first week of voting.
- Started going gray when he was 14.
- Is a fan of the Jonas Brothers.
- In college was in a band called Passing Through.
- “Do I Make You Proud” debuted at #1 on Billboard Hot 100.
- He performs the song “Takin’ It To The Streets “, originally sung by the Doobie Brothers, on the American Idol top 12 CD.
- Has two goldfish, named Lamont and Ray.
- His father Brad, is a dentist.
- He also performed in the huge infield of Talladega Superspeedway in 2004 during a NASCAR race weekend. After he won Idol, driver David Stremme said that he hoped Hicks would come back for the October race weekend there.
- Parodied on Saturday Night Live by Jason Sudeikis
- He was born at Saint Vincent Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama, and his birth time is 10/06/76 at 3:30am.
- He is the second American Idol winner from Birmingham, Ruben Studdard being the first.
- On May 24, 2006, he became the new American Idol.
- He bought a $2 harmonica at a local flea market when he was 16 and has been playing harmonica ever since.
- He was attending a friends wedding on the night Hurricane Katrina hit and used a ticket voucher to fly to Las Vegas.
- Sang a duet with Toni Braxton “In the Ghetto” in the finale of American Idol , where later he won the title of the ‘American Idol’.
- Is close friends with Elliott Yamin.
- Worked at a shopping mall and would dress up as the Easter Bunny for Easter and spring promotions.
- On May 17 2006, joined Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood as the only Idol contestants who were never voted in the bottom 2 or 3.
- Made the top final 2 on “American Idol: The Search for a Super Star”
- His fans are known as the Soul Patrol.
- He left college before graduating and went to Nashville for nine months to pursue a musical career. He has played for various venues around the United States. He has even played a couple nights at the Playboy Mansion.
- Plays guitar and a “blues” harmonica or “harp.” He writes most of his own songs. He has a CD entitled: Under the Radar.
- According to his grandmother, Taylor has never had any music lessons. He came running up to her when he was about twelve years old saying, “Grandma, you’ve got to hear this!” Then he sang Otis Redding’s “Try A Little Tenderness” for her.
- His music reflect his favorite music: the old songs of Sam Cooke, Otis Redding and Ray Charles. In fact, he used to always carry a tiny statute of Ray Charles on stage with him. It was lost or stolen recently and he’s been looking for another one.
Taylor Hicks Filmography
|Home & Family||2013||TV Series performer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||2011||TV Series performer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|American Idol||TV Series 1 episode, 2007 performer – 3 episodes, 2006||Soundtrack|
|State Plate||2016-2017||TV Series||Himself – Host||Self|
|Home & Family||2013-2016||TV Series||Himself – Guest / Himself – Musical Guest||Self|
|Hollywood Today Live||2016||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Dish Nation||2016||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|American Idol||2006-2016||TV Series||Himself / Himself – Finalist / Himself – Performer||Self|
|The 84th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade||2015||TV Movie||Himself||Self|
|The Playboy Morning Show||2015||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Music City USA||2015||Documentary||Himself||Self|
|Hell’s Kitchen||2015||TV Series||Himself – Restaurant Patron||Self|
|The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson||2014||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Fox and Friends||2013||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||2013||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|National Memorial Day Parade||2013||TV Special documentary||Himself – Performer||Self|
|The Apprentice||2013||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Paula’s Best Dishes||2012||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|The Choice||2012||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||2011||TV Series||Himself – Guest Performer||Self|
|American Idol: Welcome Home||2010||TV Movie documentary||Himself||Self|
|Celebrity Ghost Stories||2010||TV Series documentary||Himself||Self|
|The Wendy Williams Show||2010||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|The Gulf Is Back||2010||TV Movie||Himself||Self|
|ESPN Road Trip||2010||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|The Early Show||2006-2009||TV Series||Himself / Himself – Performer||Self|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||2006-2009||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|A Capitol Fourth||2008||TV Movie||Himself||Self|
|The View||2006-2007||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Live with Kelly and Michael||2006-2007||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||2006-2007||TV Series||Himself / Himself – Musical Guest||Self|
|Entertainment Tonight||2006-2007||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|iVillage Live||2007||TV Series||Himself – Guest||Self|
|Larry King Live||2006-2007||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol||2007||Video Game||Himself (uncredited)||Self|
|The Megan Mullally Show||2006||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Christmas in Washington||2006||TV Special||Himself||Self|
|2006 American Music Awards||2006||TV Special||Himself||Self|
|Stadium of Fire 2006||2006||TV Movie||Himself||Self|
|Idol Tonight||2006||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|American Idol Extra||2006||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|FOX 25th Anniversary Special||2012||TV Special||Himself||Archive Footage|