Sofia Vassilieva net worth is $2 Million. Also know about Sofia Vassilieva bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Sofia Vassilieva Wiki Biography
Sofia Vladimirovna Vassilieva was born on the 22nd October 1992, in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA, and is an actress, probably best known to the world as Ariel Dubois in the TV crime-drama mystery series “Medium” (2005-2011), and as Eloise in the Disney production TV series based on children’s books “Eloise” (2003), and as Kate Fitzgerald in the drama film “My Sister’s Keeper” (2009), among other appearances.
Have you ever wondered how rich Sofia Vassilieva is, as of mid- 2017? According to authoritative sources, it has been estimated that Vassilieva’s net worth is as high as $2 million, earned through her successful career as an actress, which began in the early 2000s.
Sofia is the daughter of Larissa Vassilieva, and Vladimir Vassiliev, both Russian immigrants from Novosibirsk, and who both worked as scientists, Larissa as a biologist, while Vladimir was a physicist. A child prodigy, Sofia started learning French, while also speaking in her parents’ native language and English as well – she continued with this practice, and now speaks eight languages. In addition to studying new languages, Sofia also took ballet lessons, gymnastics, and started playing piano at seven years of age, simultaneously also becoming a part of the International Modeling and Talent Association and won the title of Child Actress , while she was also first runner-up as Child Model Of The Year 2000.
In 2000 she matriculated from Barbizon Modeling and Acting School, and in 2001 made her acting debut, cast as Elena in the TV thriller drama series “The Agency”, while in 2002 she made her film debut as Cindy Brady in the film about the popular fictional Brady family, “The Brady Bunch in the White House”. The following year she starred in the horror “Inhabited”, and portrayed Eloise in the “Eloise at Christmastime”, and “Eloise at the Plaza”, for which role Sofia received a Young Artist Award nomination in the category Best Performance in a TV Movie, Miniseries or Special – Leading Young Actress. Later she was selected for the role of Ariel Dubois, her most prominent role to date, and appeared in 130 episodes of the Golden Globe Award- winning TV series, which increased her wealth to a large degree. After the show ended, she enrolled in the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art’s Shakespeare course in London, from which she graduated in 2013, and during that time wasn’t much active as an actress. She also graduated with a BA and Sc degree with magna cum laude from Columbia College, Columbia in 2014.
In recent years, Sofia has appeared in minor roles in several TV series, including “Stalker” (2015), “Lucifer” (2016), “Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders” (2017), and “Training Day” (2017). Also, she’s worked on several films, including “Brighton Beach” and “Bad Stepmother”, both scheduled for release later in 2017.
Regarding her personal life, little is known about Sofia’s private life, as she tends to keep her most intimate details hidden from the public eye.
IMDB Wikipedia $2 million 1992 1992-10-22 5 ft 5 in (1.66 m) Actors American Columbia College of Columbia University in the City of New York Film actress Larissa Vassilieva Minneapolis Minnesota October 22 Royal Academy of Dramatic Art Sofia Vassilieva Sofia Vassilieva Net Worth Sofia Vladimirovna Vassilieva Sonechka Sonya United States United States of America Vladimir Vassiliev Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actress
Sofia Vassilieva Quick Info
|Full Name||Sofia Vassilieva|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Date Of Birth||October 22, 1992|
|Place Of Birth||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.66 m)|
|Education||Columbia College of Columbia University in the City of New York, Royal Academy of Dramatic Art|
|Parents||Larissa Vassilieva, Vladimir Vassiliev|
|Nicknames||Sofia Vladimirovna Vassilieva , Sonya , Sonechka|
|Awards||Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actress|
|Movies||Call Me Crazy: A Five Film, Hurt, My Sister’s Keeper, Day Zero, Eloise At Christmastime, Inhabited, Eloise at the Plaza, The Brady Bunch in the White House|
Sofia Vassilieva Quotes
- On her role Kate in My Sister’s Keeper (2009): There are scripts when you fall so much in love with your character. And if you are lucky and offered this part you should not tempt your fate and go to the greatest extent to be/to play this character. If you have an opportunity to do that and you do not, it’s shameful. Shaving my head was the least I could do for Kate to experience the degree of her isolation and outcast from a ‘normal’ healthy life. Playing Kate was like balancing between two realities.
- Oh! I would like to learn so many things: I’d like to take tennis classes, I’d like continuing vocal lessons, and I’d definitely like taking more ice skating and more tap. I’d like to really learn painting, and I’d like to learn Tibetan – Lhasa Dialect – and really learn Farsi, so that I can speak to my friend and her family; I would like to learn so many things. But I just barely have enough time to do what I am doing now.
- [on her work in Medium] I want to be challenged, I want to work, and I want to feel that I am not being held back, that there is something in front of me, something more inspiring than… just eating breakfast, you know?
- There is work, and there is pleasure, Acting is pleasure.
- My mother is my hero.
- As long as you can laugh you are not old.
- It (acting) is something I want to do as long as I live.
- About the filming of the “Eloise” movies: It was like a long vacation, a 54 -day vacation.
Sofia Vassilieva Important Facts
- Was accepted to and completed the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art’s Acting Shakespeare course; London, UK [Summer 2013].
- Graduated from Columbia College, of Columbia University with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree [05.21.2014]; Completed a Linguistics major with honors and a special concentration in Business Management.
- Both her parents are Russian and work as scientists. They migrated to the US from Siberia before Sofia was born. Her mother has a Ph.D in Behavioral and Evolutionary Genetics and father has a Ph.D in High Energy Physics and Astrophysics.
- At 17 became a student of Columbia University in New York City .
- Is of Russian descent with elements of Finish, Scottish, Irish, Jewish and Mongolian blood.
- Graduated from Concord High School in Santa Monica, CA [June 7,2010].
- In 2009 became an honorary ambassador for Stand Up to Cancer.
- Was offered the part of Claire in The Clique (2008), but bowed out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Accepted the part of Kate in My Sister’s Keeper (2009) after Dakota Fanning stepped down, upon refusing to shave her head for the part – according to rumors.
- Was born at 2:22 and 22 sec. pm, CDT.
- She skipped one grade in Elementary School in 1999, before her success and winning the Child Actress award on IMTA 2000, i.e. before her real interest in acting began.
- Before moving to Los Angeles at 11, she lived in Minnesota, Oregon, Arizona and Utah.
- By 14, she has already visited Italy, Austria, France, Canada, England, Japan, Spain, and Russia including Siberia.
- Sofia’s Maltese “Mefodi” appears as the dog in the hands of a Plaza girl in Eloise at Christmastime (2003).
- Her mother has a Ph.D in Behavioral and Evolutionary Genetics and father has a Ph.D in High Energy Physics and Astrophysics.
- At the age of 13, her favorite singer was Shakira, and later Sia.
- Beat out Dakota Fanning to the Eloise role in the Eloise movies.
- At the age of 13 her favorite movie was In Love and War (1996) and later – Andrei Rublev (1966), Solaris (1972), and Stalker (1979) by Andrei Tarkovsky and La Vie en Rose (2007) by Olivier Dahan with Marion Cotillard. More recently it is 12 (2007) by Nikita Mikhalkov.
- Started taking ballet at 3, gymnastics at 5, playing piano at 7, riding horses at 10, and recently became fascinated by yoga. Still takes yoga, ballet and horse riding classes.
- When she was 3, she started speaking French and reading in Russian and English, being fluent in these three languages, she now enjoys studying Spanish and American Sign Language. As of 2015 speaks and writes about seven- eight languages.
- Is a vegetarian since 2004.
- Discovered at the IMTA in New York in 2000, where she won 7 awards including the title of Child Actress and first runner-up Child Model Of The Year.
- She was nominated for a Syfyportal Genre Award as best young actor/actress for her role in Medium, lost the award to Harry Potter’s Daniel Radcliffe.
- She was a presenter of Family Feature Film on 19th Genesis Award 2005, which was broadcast on “Animal planet” on May 14 & 15, 2005.
Sofia Vassilieva Filmography
|Training Day||2017||TV Series||Chelsea Brown||Actress|
|Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders||2017||TV Series||Roxy Bental||Actress|
|Notorious||2016||TV Series||Jenna Polly||Actress|
|Lucifer||2016||TV Series||Debra Macall||Actress|
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||2011-2013||TV Series||Sarah Walsh||Actress|
|Call Me Crazy: A Five Film||2013||TV Movie||Allison||Actress|
|Medium||2005-2011||TV Series||Ariel Dubois|
|Medium Season 6: The Mind Behind Medium||2010||Video short||Ariel Dubois||Actress|
|Medium Season 6: Zombies on the Loose: The Making of Bite Me||2010||Video short||Ariel Dubois||Actress|
|My Sister’s Keeper||2009||Kate Fitzgerald||Actress|
|Medium Season 4: Introducing Cynthia Keener||2008||Video short||Ariel Dubois||Actress|
|Medium Season 4: Joe’s Crayon Dream||2008||Video short||Ariel DuBois||Actress|
|Eloise at Christmastime||2003||TV Movie||Eloise||Actress|
|Eloise at the Plaza||2003||TV Movie||Eloise||Actress|
|The Brady Bunch in the White House||2002||TV Movie||Cindy Brady||Actress|
|The Agency||2001||TV Series||Elena||Actress|
|Medium||2008||TV Series performer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Eloise at Christmastime||2003||TV Movie performer: “Winter Wonderland”||Soundtrack|
|Stand Up to Cancer||2010||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|The Teen Choice Awards 2009||2009||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|Entertainment Tonight||2009||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|2009 MTV Movie Awards||2009||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|The Making of Medium: Season 4||2008||Video short||Herself||Self|
|Hollywood Beat||2005||TV Series||Herself||Self|
Sofia Vassilieva Awards
|2010||Young Artist Award||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actress||My Sister’s Keeper (2009)||Won|
|2006||Young Artist Award||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a TV Series (Drama) – Supporting Young Actress||Medium (2005)||Won|
|2010||Young Artist Award||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actress||My Sister’s Keeper (2009)||Nominated|
|2006||Young Artist Award||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a TV Series (Drama) – Supporting Young Actress||Medium (2005)||Nominated|