Sally Vanessa Ortiz’s net worth is $2 Million. Also know about Sally Vanessa Ortiz bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship, and more …
Sally Vanessa Ortiz Wiki Biography
- Sally Vanessa Ortiz, born October 15, 1968, is an American actress known as Vanessa Marcil, who in the television show “General Hospital” became famous through her role as Brenda Barrett.
- As of early 2016, it is estimated that $2 million was received mainly from her long acting career, starring in many popular TV shows.
- Born to parents Pete and Patricia in Indio, California, Marcil started acting at a very early age, performing in school plays, and soon after she became a member of the Circle Theatre Acting Company.
- She attended Indio High School when she was acting and later went to Desert College, but did not finish her studies, leaving to follow her dreams of being an actress.
- In 1992, when she was cast in the daytime television drama “General Hospital,” Marcil’s television career began.
- Her role as Brenda Barrett received positive reviews from supporters and critics, and earned her multiple award nominations.
- Alongside Nicolas Cage in 1996 and “976-WISH” in 1997, she also made movies like “The Rock” while on the show.
- While after six seasons she left the show, her success made her one of the most sought-after actresses in the world of television and helped her with her net worth tremendously.
- In a new series named “Beverly Hills, 90210,” Marcil was cast to play the part of Gina Kinkaid right after “General Hospital”.
- She made several guest appearances in shows such as “Spin City” and “NYPD Blue” after this show ended in 2000, and starred again in another TV hit, “Las Vegas,” playing the role of Samantha Jane Marques for six seasons.
- In various television shows, including “Lipstick Jungle” and “Without a Trace,” Marcil also made several guest appearances before she reprised Brenda Barrett’s role in “General Hospital” in 2010.
- She remained at the show for just a year but returned again for the 50th anniversary of the show in 2013.
- Her numerous TV shows and guest appearances have all contributed immensely to her wealth and career.
- Marcil is also a major promoter for different causes, other than acting.
- She designed a children’s clothing line named “Kass” after the name of her son Kassius, with the proceeds transmitted to Africa to establish new children’s schools.
- IMDB Wikipedia $2 million 1968 1968-10-15 21st century 5 ‘4’ (1.63 m) 90210 90210 (1990) 976-WISH (1997) Actor Actress African American music American movie actors American TV actors Average White Band Ba’ath Party Beverly Hills Brian Austin Green California Carmine Giovinazzo (m.
Sally Vanessa Ortiz Quick Info
|Full Name||Vanessa Marcil|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Date Of Birth||October 15, 1968|
|Place Of Birth||Indio, California, U.S.|
|Height||5′ 4″ (1.63 m)|
|Education||College of the Desert, Indio High School|
|Spouse||Carmine Giovinazzo (m. 2010 – 2013), Corey Feldman (m. 1989 – 1993)|
|Children||Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green|
|Parents||Peter Ortiz, Patricia Marcil Ortiz|
|Siblings||Tina Ortiz, Sam Ortiz, Sherry Ortiz|
|Awards||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series|
|Movies||The Rock (1996), 976-WISH (1997), Beverly Hills, 90210, Spin City, NYPD Blue|
|TV Shows||General Hospital, Lipstick Jungle, Without a Trace,|
Sally Vanessa Ortiz Quotes
- What makes a woman beautiful is her loyalty to and her friendships with other women, and her honesty with men.
- I balance things better and don’t kill myself so much, but conflict makes me a more interesting actress to watch. The places I go to pull emotions from, I think if you have a perfect, happy life, you just don’t have those places. And I want those places. I’m proud of those places.
- I’m not ready to be a woman yet. I’d like it if my body were more boyish. Maybe I’ll like my curves when I’m older but right now they kind of make me squirm.
- I don’t know any woman who doesn’t have an anxiety attack about wearing a bathing suit. I was on the show (General Hospital (1963)) for two years before they got me to wear a bathing suit and I almost had a heart attack the whole time.
- “Acting probably saved my life. It gave me a home and a safe place to let out all of my emotions and have it be OK.” – in having it be an outlet.
- “Because of my crazy work schedule, I have become something of a master at changing my clothes while driving. The men driving next to me love it.” – on driving to work while changing clothes.
Sally Vanessa Ortiz Important Facts
- Has naturally curly hair.
- Her favorite movies are The Godfather (1972), Urban Cowboy (1980), An Officer and a Gentleman (1982), Terms of Endearment (1983), and Life Is Beautiful (1997).
- The role of Gina Kincaid on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990) was written specifically for her in mind and created by Aaron Spelling.
- Signed on to take a regular role on NYPD Blue (1993) in that series’ 9th season (2001-02) as Det. Carmen Olivera, a newly promoted officer who was being pushed aside at another precinct by sexist, racist, and just plain stupid male superiors, and who would join the 15th Precinct after impressing them on a case. However, after Marcil filmed her debut episode (which aired as the 2nd part of a two-episode season premiere in November 2001), the producers and cast agreed the part wasn’t working and dropped the story thread in favor of bringing in another young Latina detective in a later episode (who was played by Jacqueline Obradors). Marcil did return for one episode to play Det. Olivera in Season 11 but did not interact with any of the regular characters nor return again after that.
- Had 2 miscarriages during her 2nd marriage to Carmine Giovinazzo. 
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 33, a son Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green on March 30, 2002. Child’s father is her now ex-boyfriend, Brian Austin Green.
- Was in a relationship with Brian Austin Green from 1999 to 2003. They have a son together.
- One of her best friends is Suzanne Whang of HGTV’s House Hunters (1999). They first met when Suzanne was cast as Polly on NBC’s Las Vegas (2003). She is also the second godmother to her son Kassius.
- Married Carmine Giovinazzo, from CSI: NY (2004), on July 11, 2010 in New York.
- Former best friend of The Biggest Loser (2004) trainer Jillian Michaels who was the godmother of her son Kassius.
- Named on People magazine’s “100 Most Beautiful People” list (2008), reportedly for being a muse to musician Prince, who wrote his 1994 song “The Most Beautiful Girl in the World” about her.
- Loves to ride motorcycles.
- Named #92 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” supplement. (2006).
- Has a grandmother named Sally.
- Named #19 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list. Named #92 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” supplement. (2006).
- She remarked on Today (1952), 5 November 2004 that she is the great granddaughter of French mime Marcel Marceau, though she never met him.
- She has suffered from agoraphobia.
- Opened Patricia House in Los Angeles, which will aid women who can no longer care for their children. Created a hotline for these women to have their babies placed in good homes.
- Auditioned for the part of Nancy in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998) however, the part was eventually given to Jennifer Esposito, since the director felt her beauty would give less attention to the lead actors of the film.
- Was offered the role of Nelle Porter on Ally McBeal (1997) but was forced to turn it down because she had already signed on to Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990). The role was then given to Portia de Rossi.
- She has designed a line of children’s clothing called, ‘Kass’ (named in honor of her son Kassius) for Africa. A portion of the proceeds will go to help build schools and open centers to support and empower mothers and their children in Africa.
- Named in honor of actress Vanessa Redgrave.
- Performed her own song at a 6th grade talent show and won.
- Has two dogs named Cowboy and Whiskey.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Named one of “People” magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in 1996. Was offered the cover and a layout in Playboy but she declined. She is reportedly very shy about revealing her body.
- Has a tattoo on her lower back of a tribal symbol representing peace and love in the universe.
- Attended College of the Desert, Palm Desert, California, where she studied law.
- Attended Indio High School, Indio, California. Was part of the Circle Theatre Acting Company in Indio.
- As a child, she was given the option of skipping second grade along with a friend. She and her parents decided against it.
- Her father Peter is of Mexican descent. Her mother Patricia is of French, Italian, and Portuguese descent. She is the youngest of four children. All of her family remains living in Indio, California, USA.
Sally Vanessa Ortiz Filmography
|The Wrong Mother||2017||Kaylene||Actress|
|The Convenient Groom||2016||TV Movie||Dr. Kate Lawrence||Actress|
|General Hospital||1992-2015||TV Series||Brenda Barrett|
Brenda Barrett Corinthos
|Queens of Drama||2015||TV Series||Actress|
|Stranded in Paradise||2014||TV Movie||Tess Nelson||Actress|
|American Girl Trapped on a Telenovela||2013||TV Series||Sarah Forlenza||Actress|
|Hawaii Five-0||2012||TV Series||Dr. Olivia Victor||Actress|
|The Bannen Way||2010||Madison||Actress|
|One Hot Summer||2009||TV Movie||Margarita Silva Santos||Actress|
|Without a Trace||2009||TV Series||Kim Marcus||Actress|
|Lipstick Jungle||2008||TV Series||Josie Scotto||Actress|
|The Nanny Express||2008||TV Movie||Kate Hewitt||Actress|
|Las Vegas||2003-2008||TV Series||Sam Marquez||Actress|
|Crossing Jordan||2004-2005||TV Series||Sam Marquez||Actress|
|NYPD Blue||2001-2003||TV Series||Det. Carmen Olivera||Actress|
|Storm Watch||2002||Tess Woodward||Actress|
|Spin City||2001||TV Series||Kara||Actress|
|Beverly Hills, 90210||1998-2000||TV Series||Gina Kincaid||Actress|
|This Space Between Us||1999||Maggie Harty||Actress|
|Nice Guys Sleep Alone||1999||Erin||Actress|
|High Incident||1997||TV Series||Kerry Andrews||Actress|
|To Love, Honor and Deceive||1996||TV Movie||Sydney Carpenter||Actress|
|General Hospital: Twist of Fate||1996||TV Movie||Actress|
|The Rock||1996||Carla Pestalozzi||Actress|
|The Undertaker||1995||Video short||The Groupie||Actress|
|Queens of Drama||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Entertainment Tonight||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race||2014||TV Movie||Herself||Self|
|Hell’s Kitchen||2014||TV Series||Herself – Restaurant Patron||Self|
|The Doctors||2011||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The Talk||2011||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The Wendy Williams Show||2010||TV Series||Herself (as Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo)||Self|
|The View||2010||TV Series||Herself (as Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo)||Self|
|The 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||2010||TV Special||Herself (as Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo)||Self|
|Blush: The Search for America’s Greatest Makeup Artist||2008||TV Series||Herself – Hostess||Self|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||2004-2006||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|My First Time||2006||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The Reichen Show||2006||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The WIN Awards||2005||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|NBC Premiere Week Preview||2005||TV Movie||Herself – Hostess||Self|
|The Tony Danza Show||2004-2005||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Last Call with Carson Daly||2004||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The 31st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||2004||TV Special||Herself – Hostess||Self|
|The Sharon Osbourne Show||2003-2004||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Jimmy Kimmel Live!||2004||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Intimate Portrait||2003||TV Series documentary||Herself||Self|
|Late Night with Conan O’Brien||1996-2003||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The 30th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||2003||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|18th Annual Soap Opera Digest Awards||2003||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|E! True Hollywood Story||2001||TV Series documentary||Herself / Gina Kincaid||Self|
|The Rosie O’Donnell Show||1996-2000||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Maury||1996-1999||TV Series||Herself – Guest / Herself||Self|
|The 25th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||1998||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|The Superstars||1998||TV Movie||Herself – Hostess||Self|
|The Jon Stewart Show||1995||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The 22nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||1995||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|The 21st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||1994||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|ABC in Concert||1991||TV Series documentary||Herself – Hostess||Self|
|Entertainment Tonight||2015||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|General Hospital||2010||TV Series||Brenda Barrett||Archive Footage|
|Soaps’ Most Unforgettable Love Stories||1998||TV Movie||Brenda Barrett||Archive Footage|
Sally Vanessa Ortiz Awards
|2003||Daytime Emmy||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||General Hospital (1963)||Won|
|2003||Soap Opera Digest Award||Soap Opera Digest Awards||Favorite Return||General Hospital (1963)||Won|
|1998||Soap Opera Digest Award||Soap Opera Digest Awards||Outstanding Lead Actress||General Hospital (1963)||Won|
|1997||Soap Opera Digest Award||Soap Opera Digest Awards||Hottest Female Star||General Hospital (1963)||Won|
|2003||Daytime Emmy||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||General Hospital (1963)||Nominated|
|2003||Soap Opera Digest Award||Soap Opera Digest Awards||Favorite Return||General Hospital (1963)||Nominated|
|1998||Soap Opera Digest Award||Soap Opera Digest Awards||Outstanding Lead Actress||General Hospital (1963)||Nominated|
|1997||Soap Opera Digest Award||Soap Opera Digest Awards||Hottest Female Star||General Hospital (1963)||Nominated|