Philip Daniel Saunders’s net worth is $30 Million. Also know about Philip Daniel Saunders bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship, and more …
Philip Daniel Saunders Wiki Biography
- Philip Daniel Saunders was born in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, on February 23, 1955.
- He was a basketball player and coach, best known for coaching different teams such as the Minnesota Timberwolves, Washington Wizards, and the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- Prior to his death, he had increased his net worth substantially.
- Sources inform us of a net worth of $30 million at the time of his death, largely earned through a fruitful coaching career.
- He worked his way up to coaching and was noticed by the NBA eventually.
- He also became a basketball executive, aside from coaching, which helped increase his income.
- Flip began his basketball career at Cleveland’s Cuyahoga Heights High School; in 1973, he was the Ohio Class A High School Basketball Player of the Year.
- At the University of Minnesota, he then attended and practiced and partnered up with players such as Kevin McHale and Ray Williams.
- Saunders decided to focus on a coaching career after university.
- Saunders became the coach of the Detroit Pistons in 2005 and helped the team earn a record of 64-18, and he was given the opportunity to coach the Eastern Conference during the 2006 All-Star Game due to his coaching skills.
- The Pistons lost to the Boston Celtics during the Eastern Conference Finals during the 2008 season and Flip’s time with the Pistons as coach ended.
- Flip became the Washington Wizards’ coach in 2009, but had a bad record and was fired after three years.
- In 2014, due to an illness, he returned to the Timberwolves but would not be able to continue coaching.
- His wife Debbie (m.
- 1978) and their four children survive Saunders for his personal life.
- His son became an assistant NBA coach, and members of the University of Minnesota Dance Team became his daughters.
- Saunders revealed in August 2015 that he had been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, cancer that comes from white blood cells.
- He passed away in October 2015, and the loss was mourned by the Timberwolves.
- IMDB Wikipedia $30 million 1.8 1955 1955-2-23 2001 Goodwill Games-Gold medal 2006 2015 79.38 Boston Celtics Cleveland Cleveland Cavaliers Cuyahoga Heights High School Dallas Mavericks Debbie Saunders (m.
Philip Daniel Saunders Quick Info
|Full Name||Flip Saunders|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Date Of Birth||February 23, 1955, Cleveland, Ohio, USA|
|Died||October 25, 2015, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Profession||American basketball player and coach|
|Education||Cuyahoga Heights High School, University of Minnesota|
|Spouse||Debbie Saunders (m. 1978–2015)|
|Children||Ryan Saunders, Mindy Saunders, Kimberly Saunders, Rachel Saunders|
|Parents||Kay Saunders, Walter Saunders|
|Awards||NBA All-Star Game head coach (2004, 2006), 2001 Goodwill Games – Gold medal|
|Record Labels||Minnesota Timberwolves (1995-2005), Detroit Pistons (2005-2008), Washington Wizards (2009-2012)|
Philip Daniel Saunders Important Facts
- Inducted into the University of Minnesota M Club Hall of Fame in 2004.
- Named the Timberwolves’ President of Basketball Operations on 3 May 2013.
- NBA analyst for ESPN, 31 October 2012-May 2013.
- Head coach of the NBA’s Minnesota Timberwolves (1995-2005), Detroit Pistons (2005-2008), and Washington Wizards (2009-2012).
Philip Daniel Saunders Filmography
|Mike & Mike||2013-2014||TV Series||Himself – ESPN NBA Analyst / Himself – MInnesota Timberwolves President of Basketball Operations||Self|
|Rome Is Burning||2008-2009||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Pardon the Interruption||2006||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Rome Is Burning||2007-2008||TV Series||Himself||Archive Footage|