Paul Allen’s net worth is $18 Billion. Also know about Paul Allen’s bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship, and more …
Paul Allen Wiki Biography
- Paul Gardner Allen is a programmer, entrepreneur, businessperson, television producer, investor, film producer, inventor, and real estate developer who was born on January 21, 1953, in Seattle, Washington State, United States.
- However, he is best known for co-founding Microsoft Corporation with Bill Gates in 1975, which is now one of the top few companies in the world by market capitalization.
- Vulcan Inc., a project management and investment firm, was also founded by Paul Allen.
- How wealthy can someone with a job title like Paul Gardner Allen be?
- According to Forbes magazine’s latest estimates, Paul has a net worth of over $18 billion, with the majority of his fortune derived from his stakes in Microsoft and Vulcan Inc., putting him among the world’s top 50 wealthiest people.
- Allen attended Lakeside School, where he met Bill Gates, another computer enthusiast.
- Paul attended Washington State University for two years before leaving to work as a programmer for Honeywell in Boston.
- It was a pivotal moment, as Paul reconnected with his old friend Bill Gates and persuaded him to leave Harvard University and found Microsoft.
- Paul Allen was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 1982 and gradually gave up his job at Microsoft while undergoing extensive radiation treatment, though he did not formally leave the company until 2000, and even then he was retained as a consultant.
- Meanwhile, Paul Allen’s fortune comes from his production company Vulcan Productions, which has worked on films such as Todd Haynes’ “Far from Heaven,” David Slade’s “Hard Candy,” and documentaries such as “Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge,” “Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial,” and others.
- Paul Allen is also well-known in the music world; Legacy Recordings released “Everywhere at Once” by Paul Allen and the Underthinkers, which isn’t a game-changer but is an interesting sideline.
- Furthermore, Paul Allen is an art lover and supporter who has founded non-profit institutions such as the EMP Museum, STARTUP Gallery, Living Computer Museum, and others (roughly 100 million of his net worth is donated).
- Allen’s donation of $100 million to find the cause and cure for the Ebola epidemic in West Africa in 2014 is particularly noteworthy.
- Paul Gardner Allen is also the founder of Stratolaunch Systems, the Allen Institute for Brain Science, and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, among others.
- Furthermore, Paul Allen owns professional sports teams like the Seattle Seahawks (NFL) and the Portland Trail Blazers (NBA) (NBA).
- The powerful businessman also owns a stake in the Seattle Sounders FC.
- Paul Gardner Allen is a colorful character who has never married but has dated celebrities such as Jerry Hall and Monica Seles and is rumored to be party animals.
- He also owns at least eight homes, three yachts, and a MIG-29 fighter jet – aircraft is a hobby of his, and he owns several World War II fighter jets as well as a Boeing 757.
- Bill Gates is a businessman who works in the field of computing.
- Allen, Paul G Allen, Paul Gardner Social philanthropist Richest Billionaires Rich Seattle is a city in Washington State.
Paul Allen Quick Info
|Full Name||Paul Allen|
|Net Worth||$18 Billion|
|Date Of Birth||January 21, 1953|
|Place Of Birth||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||171 lbs (77.55 kg)|
|Profession||Programmer, Entrepreneur, Businessperson, Investor, Film Producer, Television producer, Inventor, Philanthropist|
|Education||Lakeside School, Washington State University|
|Parents||Faye G. Allen, Kenneth S. Allen|
|Nicknames||Paul G Allen , Paul Gardner Allen , Paul G. Allen|
|Awards||Collier Trophy, News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Informational Programming – Long Form|
|Albums||“Everywhere at Once“|
|Nominations||Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Non-fiction Series, News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Science and Nature Programming – Long Form|
|Movies||“Far from Heaven”, “Hard Candy”, “Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge”, “ Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial”, “Girl Rising” (2013)|
Paul Allen Important Facts
- He is a founding partner of DreamWorks SKG. Although his involvement has been less publicized, he actually owns more stock than either Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg, or David Geffen.
- Owns a yacht named Meduse.
- Along with Bill Gates, he was co-founder of Microsoft in 1975.
Paul Allen Filmography
|Unseen Enemy||2017||Documentary executive producer post-production||Producer|
|The Ivory Game||2016||Documentary executive producer||Producer|
|Naledi: A Baby Elephant’s Tale||2016||Documentary co-executive producer||Producer|
|Racing Extinction||2015||Documentary co-executive producer||Producer|
|That Film About Money||2014||Short executive producer||Producer|
|We the Economy: 20 Short Films You Can’t Afford to Miss||2014||Documentary producer||Producer|
|Years of Living Dangerously||2014||TV Series documentary co-producer – 9 episodes||Producer|
|Girl Rising||2013||Documentary executive producer||Producer|
|Pandora’s Promise||2013||Documentary executive producer||Producer|
|Where God Left His Shoes||2007||executive producer||Producer|
|Bickford Shmeckler’s Cool Ideas||2006||executive producer||Producer|
|American Masters||2005||TV Series documentary executive producer – 1 episode||Producer|
|Hard Candy||2005||executive producer||Producer|
|Lightning in a Bottle||2004||Documentary executive producer||Producer|
|The Blues||2003||TV Series documentary executive producer – 7 episodes||Producer|
|The Soul of a Man||2003||Documentary executive producer||Producer|
|Peter Gabriel: Eve||1996||Video Game executive producer – as Paul Allen||Producer|
|This Emotional Life||2010||TV Series documentary executive in charge – 3 episodes||Miscellaneous|
|Nova||2007||TV Series documentary executive in charge – 1 episode||Miscellaneous|
|Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge||2005||TV Mini-Series documentary executive in charge – 1 episode||Miscellaneous|
|Strange Days on Planet Earth||2005||TV Series documentary executive in charge – 4 episodes||Miscellaneous|
|Black Sky: Winning the X Prize||2004||TV Movie documentary executive in charge||Miscellaneous|
|Black Sky: The Race for Space||2004||TV Movie documentary executive in charge||Miscellaneous|
|Evolution||2002||TV Series documentary executive in charge – 7 episodes||Miscellaneous|
|Me & Isaac Newton||1999||Documentary presented by||Miscellaneous|
|Success at the Core||2010||Video documentary short executive-in-charge||Production Manager|
|Heart: Night at Sky Church||2011||TV Movie special thanks||Thanks|
|When Seattle Invented the Future: The 1962 World’s Fair||2012||TV Movie documentary||Himself||Self|
|60 Minutes||2011||TV Series documentary||Himself (segment “The Co-Founder”)||Self|
|SIFF 35th Anniversary Tribute||2009||Short||Himself – Guitarist||Self|
|The Money Programme||2008||TV Series documentary||Himself||Self|
|Super Bowl XL||2006||TV Special||Himself – Seattle Seahawks Owner||Self|
|Black Sky: Winning the X Prize||2004||TV Movie documentary||Himself||Self|
|Black Sky: The Race for Space||2004||TV Movie documentary||Himself||Self|
|Nova||2001||TV Series documentary||Presenter||Self|
|Me & Isaac Newton||1999||Documentary||Presenter||Self|
|The Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires||1996||TV Movie documentary||Himself (co-founder, Microsoft)||Self|
|60 Minutes||2011||TV Series documentary||Himself (segment “The Co-Founder”)||Archive Footage|
Paul Allen Awards
|2006||Emmy||News & Documentary Emmy Awards||Outstanding Informational Programming – Long Form||Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge (2005)||Won|
|2004||Visionary Award||Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA||Investor and Philanthropist Paul G. Allen creates and advances world-class projects that change and… More||Won|
|2006||Emmy||News & Documentary Emmy Awards||Outstanding Informational Programming – Long Form||Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge (2005)||Nominated|
|2004||Visionary Award||Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA||Investor and Philanthropist Paul G. Allen creates and advances world-class projects that change and… More||Nominated|