Patrick Allen net worth is $50 Million. Also know about Patrick Allen bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Patrick Allen Wiki Biography
Richard John Cyril Allen was born on the 1st November 1963, in Dronfield, Derbyshire, England, and is a musician and drummer, best known as a member of the hard rock band Def Leppard since its formation in 1978, effectively the start of his career.
Have you ever wondered how rich Rick Allen is as of early 2017? According to authoritative sources, it has been estimated that Allen’s net worth is as high as $50 million, an amount earned through his successful career in music.
Rick Allen started playing drums at the age of nine and performed in bands called Smokey Blue, the Johnny Kalendar Band, and Rampant. His mother replied to an ad posted by the band Def Leppard searching for a new drummer, so in 1978 Allen joined them after leaving high school.
Until 1980, Def Leppard performed as a support to Sammy Hagar and AC/DC, before in 1980 releasing their debut album called “On Through the Night”; this achieved platinum status with over 1 million sales, and it reached No. 51 on the Billboard 200 and No. 15 on UK Albums Chart, while singles “Wasted” and “Hello America” peaked at No. 61 and No. 45 on the UK Singles Chart. The next year, the band recorded their second studio album – “High ‘n’ Dry” – which achieved double platinum status and reached No. 38 on the Billboard 200 and No. 26 on UK Albums Charts. The songs “Let It Go” and “Bringin’ On the Heartbreak” were placed at No. 34 on Mainstream Rock and No. 61 on Billboard Hot 100 charts. So this early in his career, Allen became a millionaire, along with other fellow members.
The band released two more albums by the end of the ‘80s, both of which achieved diamond status with over 10 million and 12 million records sold respectively in the US. In 1983, they launched “Pyromania”, which reached No. 2 on Billboard 200 and No. 18 on UK Albums Chart, while the singles “Photograph” and “Rock of Ages” topped the Mainstream Rock chart and entered the top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Rick Allen survived an automobile accident on the 31st December 1984, when he lost control of his Corvette and hit a dry stone, losing his left arm as a result, while his girlfriend Miriam Barendsen only suffered some bruising. Although he thought about retirement, Allen’s friends and colleagues persuaded him to continue with playing the drums.
In 1987, Rick Allen and Def Leppard recorded their most successful album to date, entitled “Hysteria”, which sold over 25 million copies and achieved 12x platinum status in the US alone. It also topped both US Billboard 200 and UK Top 40 charts, while singles “Love Bites” topped the US Billboard Hot 100, and “Pour Some Sugar on Me”, “Armageddon It” and “Hysteria” entered the top 10 on the US Billboard Hot chart, which only increased Rick’s net worth.
In 1992, Def Leppard released their fifth studio album “Adrenalize”, the band’s last platinum album, with over three million sales in America. It topped both US Billboard 200 and UK Albums Chart, while the songs “Let’s Get Rocked”, “Tonight”, and “Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad” were most popular on the album. Their next two albums: “Slang” (1996) and “Euphoria” (1999) failed to achieve platinum status, but were placed relatively highly on the Billboard 200 chart. In the 2000s, the band recorded a pair of albums, “X” (2002) and “Songs from the Sparkle Lounge” (2008), and most recently, the self-titled “Def Leppard” album came out in 2015.
Regarding his personal life, Rick Allen was married to Stacey from 1991 to 2000, and he has a daughter with her, but divorce followed an arrest for spousal abuse. In October 2003, Allen married Lauren Monroe and has a daughter with her as well.
IMDB Wikipedia $50 million 1963-11-01 Actor British Def Leppard Derbyshire Dronfield England Geoffrey Allen Josefine Allen Kathleen Daly Lauren Monroe (m. 2003) Lauren Shane Allen November 1st 1963 Patrick Allen Rick Allen Net Worth Stacy Lauren Gilbert (m. 1991–2000) University of Georgia
Patrick Allen Quick Info
|Full Name||Rick Allen|
|Net Worth||$50 Million|
|Date Of Birth||November 1st 1963|
|Place Of Birth||Dronfield, Derbyshire, England|
|Education||University of Georgia|
|Spouse||Lauren Monroe (m. 2003), Stacy Lauren Gilbert (m. 1991–2000)|
|Children||Lauren Shane Allen, Josefine Allen|
|Parents||Kathleen Daly, Geoffrey Allen|
Patrick Allen Trademarks
- Famously plays with one arm having lost the other in a car accident
Patrick Allen Important Facts
- On 23 October 1995, he (as a member of Def Leppard) performed a concert in Tangier, Morocco; then later that same day the band performed in London, England; then that night they performed again in Vancouver, Canada. Three concerts on three different continents in 24 hours. That stunt landed Def Leppard in the Guinness Book of World Records. The following day, the band flew to Singapore to begin a tour of Southeast Asia.
- Rick has a daughter, Lauren Shane Allen born 20 May 1997.
- Allen auditioned to Def Leppard with Thin Lizzy’s song, “Emerald”. According to band mate/founder Rick Savage, they sounded much better than they had in the past.
- Allen is referenced in the song “Why’s Everybody Always Pickin’ on Me?” (on the Bloodhound Gang’s album, One Fierce Beer Coaster) in which the line “The drummer from Def Leppard’s only got one arm!” is shouted nine times in a row. He’s also referred to by Goldie Lookin’ Chain in their song ‘Self Suicide’: “That drummer from Def Leppard, his arm’s made ten times more money than he has.”.
- He was given the Humanitarian Award on August 29, 2001.
- Rick and his current wife, Lauren Monroe, founded the “Raven Drum Foundation”, which uses music as therapy.
- Shares a birthday with Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman, Anthony Kiedis.
- On the afternoon of 31 December 1984, Rick was driving with his girlfriend, when he was involved in a serious car accident. His seat belt had severed his left arm at he shoulder, and it was reattached with surgery. Three days later, the arm became infected and doctors had to amputate it. He taught himself to play drums using his right arm and left foot, and returned as a member of Def Leppard to record their 1987 mega-hit, Hysteria. He continues to record and perform with them.
- Drummer for Def Leppard.
Patrick Allen Filmography
|Grand Theft Auto V||2013||Video Game writer: “Photograph” – as Richard John Cyril Allen||Soundtrack|
|Rock of Ages||2012||writer: “Rock of Ages” – uncredited||Soundtrack|
|That’s My Boy||2012||writer: “Rock Of Ages”||Soundtrack|
|Skateland||2010||writer: “ROCK OF AGES”||Soundtrack|
|Balls of Fury||2007||writer: “Rock Of Ages”, “Photograph”, “Pour Some Sugar On Me” – as Richard Allen||Soundtrack|
|Mirrormask||2005||Man In a Box||Actor|
|Pour Some Sugar on Me||1988||Short||Rick Allen||Actor|
|Def Leppard Viva! Hysteria Concert||2013||Video||Himself||Self|
|Celebrity Fit Club||2010||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Save the American Wild Horse||2007||Documentary short||Himself||Self|
|Live with Kelly and Michael||2007||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||2006||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Def Leppard: Rock of Ages||2005||Video||Himself||Self|
|Classic Albums: Def Leppard – Hysteria||2002||Video documentary||Himself||Self|
|Def Leppard: RockWalk Induction||2000||Video documentary short||Himself||Self|
|The Howard Stern Radio Show||1999||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Behind the Music||1998||TV Series documentary||Himself||Self|
|Drop Dead Rock||1996||Himself||Self|
|Top of the Pops||1987-1995||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|MTV Video Music Awards 1992||1992||TV Special||Himself||Self|
|Fighting Back||1992||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Brit Awards 1989||1989||TV Special||Himself (Def Leppard)||Self|