Maximilian Michael Brooks net worth is $20 Million. Also know about Maximilian Michael Brooks bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Maximilian Michael Brooks Wiki Biography
Maximillian Michael Brooks was born on 22 May 1972, in New York City, USA, the son of famous comedy filmmaker Mel Brooks and actress Anne Bancroft, of Jewish descent through his father and Italian through his mother. He is a horror author and screenwriter, and a television and voice-over actor, best known for his books “The Zombie Survival Guide” and “World War Z:An Oral History of the Zombie War”.
So just how rich is Max Brooks now? Sources state that Brooks has collected a wealth over $20 million, as of mid-2017. His net worth has been accumulated during his writing career, as well as through his involvement in acting, which has its base in the 1990s.
Brooks grew up in New York City and Santa Monica, California. He attended Santa Monica’s Crossroads School and Pitzer College in Claremont, California, earning a bachelor’s degree in history. He also briefly attended the University of the Virgin Islands, before completing his studies at the American University in Washington, D.C., graduating in 1994.
His interest in the living dead started at an early age, after he reportedly experienced a traumatic incident, something that he refuses to talk about. After spending some time working for the BBC in Great Britain and East Africa, in 2001 Brooks began writing for NBC’s popular late-night live television comedy sketch and variety show “Saturday Night Live”, remaining with it until 2003 paving his way to recognition, and his net worth to begin to increase.
In 2003, his first book, “The Zombie Survival Guide” came out, portraying the lives of zombies and pop cultural myths about these creatures, and offering an in-depth explanation of “…how to survive an impending zombie apocalypse…” The book drew great critical and commercial success, being featured on The New York Times Best Seller’s list. Aside from boosting Brooks’ popularity, it significantly added to his wealth.
His second book, “World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War”, which came out in 2006, became a massive hit, shooting Brooks to stardom and significantly improving his net worth. Covering the global war between mankind and zombies, the book was later made into the film of the same name, starring Brad Pitt, which also turned out to be a great hit. The year 2009 saw the release of Brooks’ sequel to his first book, called “The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks”, reinforcing his fame and greatly improving his fortune.
His three massively successful zombie-themed books have made Brooks a star, enabling him to amass a significant net worth.
His other writing credit includes several other zombie-themed books, the introduction for “Raise the Dead’s” hardcover collected edition of a zombie miniseries. which debuted in 2007, as well as several stories from Christopher Golden’s anthology “The New Dead” released in 2010. He has also written the comic book mini-series “G.I. Joe: Hearts & Minds”, as well as the collection of short stories “Closure, Limited and Other Zombie Tales” and the graphic novel “The Harlem Hellfighters”, among other work. All have contributed to his wealth.
His most recent project was the novel “Minecraft: The Island”, released in 2017.
Aside from his writing career, Brooks has also worked as an actor, making appearances in television series such as “Roseanne”, “Pacific Blue” and “7th Heaven”, as well as in his father’s war comedy film “To Be or Not to Be”. He has done some voice-over work as well, providing his voice for the animated series “Batman Beyond”, “Buzz Lightyear of Star Command”, “Justice League” and “All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Series”. Brooks has also appeared in the television shows “Deadliest Warrior” and “Sons of Guns”. His acting career has been another source of his net worth.
Speaking about his private life, Brooks has been married to playwright Michelle Kholos since 2003. The couple has one child , and the family resides in Venice, California.
IMDB Wikipedia $20 million 1972 1972-5-22 Actor American University Anne Bancroft Author Brad Pitt Gemini Henry Michael Brooks Max Brooks Net Worth Maximilian Michael Brooks May 22 Mel Brooks Michelle Kholos Miscellaneous Crew New York Pitzer College Saturday Night Live (1975) The Harlem Hellfighters The Zombie Survival Guide United States USA World War Z (2013) Writer
Maximilian Michael Brooks Quick Info
|Full Name||Max Brooks|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Date Of Birth||May 22, 1972|
|Place Of Birth||New York, USA|
|Profession||Writer, Author, Actor, Miscellaneous Crew|
|Education||American University, Pitzer College|
|Spouse||Michelle Kholos Brooks|
|Children||Henry Michael Brooks|
|Parents||Mel Brooks, Anne Bancroft|
|Awards||Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing – Variety Series|
|Nominations||WGA Award for Best Comedy/Variety – (Including Talk) Series – Television, Goodreads Choice Awards Best Graphic Novels & Comics|
|Movies||World War Z, The Great Wall, World War Z 2, The Public Eye|
Maximilian Michael Brooks Quotes
- [on Zombieland (2009)] They weren’t zombies. It was like some weird mad cow disease.
- Shaun of the Dead (2004) is an amazing zombie movie but it’s also an amazing cultural essay of who Britain was at that point. I think it’s sort of the Clerks (1994) of Britain. Real emotions, real drama… I mean, what a movie.
- [re mother Anne Bancroft] Life is not fair, I’ll tell you that. It was hard for her to be a mom, to give up all that and to try and raise me, because she didn’t have much of a mom. But she did it. She did an amazing job.
- [re dyslexia in grade school] I remember I used to come up to my teacher crying because I couldn’t read. She would say: ‘You can do this. You just don’t want to do this.’
- I’m not a horror fan. I’m an anti-horror fan. I think horror fans feel deep down in the pit of their souls, they feel safe, and therefore bored. And therefore they want to be scared. I already have a baseline level of just anxiety about the world I live in,” he continued, metaphorically pushing the horror genre away from him on the table. “I don’t need to go seeking it out.
- Since 2001, people have been scared. There’s been some really scary stuff that’s been happening – 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina, anthrax letters, D.C. sniper, global warming, global financial meltdown, bird flu, swine flu, SARS. I think people really feel like the system’s breaking down. It’s Hurricane Katrina. It’s neighbors knifing each other for food, women being raped, the cops not showing up, children dying of starvation, an old lady dying in a wheelchair. If all that happens because of a zombie plague, then you can say, ‘Oh, well, that would never happen, because there’s no zombies’.
- You want to talk about ruining a movie? Because the scene where the military commander in 28 Days Later… (2002) says, ‘I’m waiting to see how long it takes for the infected to starve to death.’ I thought, ‘Well, if they eat… then they drink right? They need water?’ Well, after four days the human body starts to shut down, so in a purely realistic movie, the dude would wake up out of the hospital and London would just be littered with dehydrated corpses and the movie would be called Four Days Later.
- I’m a really crappy liar. That’s one of the reasons my wife married me because she knows I can never have an affair.
- If you were a vampire you’re at the top of the food chain, and you’ve been spoiled. You’re essentially the aristocracy. You have all these gifts: speed, strength, immortality and anonymity.
- My rule is that whatever I write has to start with its first fan, which is me, I have to love it, because if I don’t love it then it’s not worth doing.
- [re father Mel Brooks] I’ve no desire to become the next king of Jewish immigrant comics, but I am so proud of my old man.
Maximilian Michael Brooks Important Facts
- Release of his book, “The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead”. 
- Release of his book, “World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War”. 
- Attended Crossroads School for Arts & Sciences (a K-12 independent, college preparatory school) in Santa Monica, California.
- He and his parents Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft all have won Emmys.
- Younger half-brother of Stephanie Brooks, Nicky Brooks and Eddie Brooks.
- Son, Henry Michael Brooks, was born in April 2005, to him and his wife Michelle Kholos Brooks.
- His wife, Michelle Kholos Brooks, is a playwright.
- Worked as a production assistant on Michael Palin’s African rail pilgrimage at the BBC.
- His middle name, Michael, is from his maternal grandfather, Michael Italiano.
- Was named after his paternal grandfather, Maximillian Kaminsky.
- Graduated from American University’s film school in 1994, after having also attended Pitzer College as a history major and spending a semester at the University of the Virgin Islands.
- Became engaged to Michelle Kholos Brooks (September 2002).
- Son of Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft.
Maximilian Michael Brooks Filmography
|World War Z 2||2017||characters announced||Writer|
|The Great Wall||2016/I||story by completed||Writer|
|World War Z||2013||based on the novel by||Writer|
|Saturday Night Live||2001-2003||TV Series writer – 40 episodes||Writer|
|Satan Hates You||2010||Reporter||Actor|
|Justice League||2001||TV Series||Howie||Actor|
|Buzz Lightyear of Star Command||2000||TV Series||Tech #2 / Ranger #2 / Punk-Goon #2||Actor|
|Batman Beyond||2000||TV Series||Howard / Drew||Actor|
|Godzilla: The Series||2000||TV Series||Actor|
|Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles||1999||TV Series||Lt. Bernstein||Actor|
|The Wild Thornberrys||1999||TV Series||Lead Dog||Actor|
|Melrose Place||1999||TV Series||Messenger||Actor|
|7th Heaven||1999||TV Series||Waiter||Actor|
|Pacific Blue||1997||TV Series||Marty Rosen||Actor|
|Roseanne||1992||TV Series||Snarky Customer||Actor|
|The Public Eye||1992||Teen at Thompson Street||Actor|
|To Be or Not to Be||1983||Rifka’s Son||Actor|
|Sons of Guns||2012||TV Series himself – 1 episode||Miscellaneous|
|Great Railway Journeys||1994||TV Series documentary production assistant – 6 episodes||Miscellaneous|
|Daddy Dearest||1993||TV Series production assistant – 11 episodes||Miscellaneous|
|The Watch List||2007||TV Movie co-executive producer||Producer|
|The Watch List||2007||TV Movie co-director||Director|
|Sibling Rivalry||1990||editorial intern||Editorial Department|
|Yiddish Theater: A Love Story||2006||Documentary thanks||Thanks|
|The Lost Tape: Andy’s Terrifying Last Days Revealed||2004||Video short special thanks||Thanks|
|Dear America: The National Initiative||2017||Documentary post-production||Himself||Self|
|Real Time with Bill Maher||2014-2016||TV Series||Himself – Panelist / Himself – Guest||Self|
|Tavis Smiley||2014||TV Series||Himself – Guest||Self|
|Conan||2014||TV Series||Himself – Guest||Self|
|Doc of the Dead||2014||Documentary||Himself||Self|
|Zombie Town Hall: Knights of the Living Dead Q&A Session||2013||Video documentary||Himself||Self|
|AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Mel Brooks||2013||TV Movie||Himself – In Attendance (uncredited)||Self|
|Sons of Guns||2012||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Ancient Aliens||2011||TV Series documentary||Himself||Self|
|Zombies: A Living History||2011||TV Movie documentary||Himself||Self|
|Love Lust||2011||TV Series documentary||Himself – Author||Self|
|Lost Tapes||2010||TV Series||Himself – Author, World War Z||Self|
|Zombies: The Truth||2010||Documentary||Himself – Author & Zombie Expert||Self|
|Comic-Con ’08 Live||2008||TV Movie||Himself||Self|
|Starz presents Zombie Mania||2008||TV Movie documentary||Himself||Self|
|One for the Fire: The Legacy of ‘Night of the Living Dead’||2008||Documentary||Himself||Self|
|The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson||2007||TV Series||Himself||Self|
Maximilian Michael Brooks Awards
|2002||Primetime Emmy||Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program||Saturday Night Live (1975)||Won|
|2002||Primetime Emmy||Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program||Saturday Night Live (1975)||Nominated|