Mahesh Babu net worth is $20 Million. Also know about Mahesh Babu bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Mahesh Babu Wiki Biography
Mahesh Babu was born on the 9th August 1975 in Madras, Tamil Nadu, India, and is an actor best known for Tegulu films. His first role in a feature film was in “Needa” (1979), and his first lead role was created in the film “Raja Kumarudu” (1999), after which he won a Nandi Award as the Best Male Newcomer. In the 2000s, he appeared in some very successful films, which is the reason why he has become one of the most popular actors in the Tegulu film industry.
How much is the net worth of Mahesh Babu? It has been reported by authoritative sources that the total size of his wealth is as much as $20 million, as of the data presented in early 2017; Tegulu films are the main source of Babu net worth; it has been estimated that he earned $7.6 million from films in 2015 alone.
To begin with, Mahesh Babu is the child of the actors in the Telugu Krishna and Indira Devi. Mahesh has an older brother who is also an actor, as well as two older sisters and one younger. He was taught at St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School in Chennai, and later graduated from Loyola College earning a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
Concerning his professional career as an actor, Mahesh Babu has achieved outstanding success in in the Tegulu film industry, winning the most prestigious awards of the industry including the Filmfare, South and Nandi Awards. Starting with his debut lead role in the film “Raja Kumarudu” (1999) when he won the Nandi Award as the Best Male Newcomer, the actor has gone on winning prizes throughout his career. In 2001 and 2002, Babu won Special prizes for creating main roles in the films respectively “murari” and “Takkari Donga”. The biggest breakthrough was the Telugu action film written and directed by Gunasekhar “Okkadu” (2003), Mahesh won five awards in the category of the Best Actor including Filmfare, CINEMA, Santosham Film, Nandi and P Cinegoer’s Association Awards. From 2004 to 2010, Babu appeared in many films which received critical acclaim as well as being loved by audience, including “Nijam” (2004), “Arjun” (2004), “Arthadu” (2005), “Pokiri” (2006), “Athidi” (2007) – for all the lead roles landed Mahesh received awards in the category of Best Actor. The period of from 2011 to 2014 is considered to be a setback to Babu’s career, as during this period critics praised him only for two roles: the first in the action comedy film directed by Srinu Vaitla – “Dookudu” (2011), and the second in the crime film written and directed by Puri Jagannadh – “Businessman” (2013). Recently, his career went up as Babu created the lead role in the drama film “Srimanthudu” (2015) directed and written by Koratala Siva, which earned $2 billion worldwide. To conclude, all the above mentioned roles have added significant sums to the outright size of Mahesh Babu net worth.
Finally, in the personal life of the actor, Babu has been married to actress Namrata Shirodkar since 2005, and they have two children.
IMDB Wikipedia $20 million 1975-08-09 Adira Chennai Director Gautam Krishna Ghattamaneni Gautham Krishna Gautham Krishna Ghattamaneni India Indian Indira Indira Devi Loyola College Mahesh Babu Mahesh Babu Net Worth Namrata Shirodkar Nirmala Sitara Sitara Ghattamaneni St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School Stacy Tamil Nadu Writer
Mahesh Babu Quick Info
|Full Name||Mahesh Babu|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Date Of Birth||August 9, 1975|
|Place Of Birth||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Media personality|
|Education||St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai, Loyola College, Chennai|
|Children||Gautham Krishna, Sitara|
|Parents||Indira Devi, Krishna|
|Siblings||Rama Rama, Junction Lo, Bala Tripuramani, Ramesh Babu, Naresh, Manjula Ghattamaneni, Padmavathi Ghattamaneni, Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni|
|Awards||Filmfare award for best Telugu actor, Nandi Best Actor Award, Filmfare award for best Telugu actor, Nandi Best Actor Awards, International Indian Film Academy Awards Utsavam (2016), CineMAA Awards, South Indian International Movie Awards, Vamsee Film Awards|
|Nominations||IIFA Utsavam Award for Best Film – Telugu|
|Movies||“Raja Kumarudu” (1999), “Athidhi” (2007), “Dookudu” (2011), “Okkadu” (2004), “1: Nenokkadine” (2015)|
Mahesh Babu Trademarks
- Dialogue Delievery
- Blue Formal shirts
- Running Style
- Charming Looks
Mahesh Babu Quotes
- I always believe that one can’t interfere in another’s work. Once I start work on any film, I surrender myself completely and blindly follow the director.
- Over the years, with all the experience, I’ve become more mature about the subjects I pick. I have a better understanding of what works at the box office. Once the story is finalized, I surrender to the director and follow him. After that, my performances speak for themselves.
- When I work on a movie, I never aim for records, collections or the number one position. I always concentrate on my work and look for ways to improve my acting abilities. I also advise my co-stars not to concentrate on these pretty issues and just focus on acting.
- The only thing I have learn over the years is that if you enjoy your work and put in the best efforts, it will show. If you follow this process, things work out. But if you go chasing a formula, success will elude you.
- I struggled to kick the habit – I would make a decision to give up smoking, but it was hard. I couldn’t resist the urge to steal a smoke. It was at that time that I was gifted Allen Carr’s book ‘The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.’ After I read that book, I didn’t touch a fag again.
- I don’t want to smoke on screen, as I will be sending a wrong message to my fans, and I appeal to my costars too, to avoid smoking scenes if possible. When people say they take hits and flops in their stride, I personally feel that they are just lying. Of course, I’m upset when my movies flop. I take it very personally.
- I don’t have any dream role. I give my 100% to every character I play, and when the film clicks, it automatically becomes a dream role.
- As long as I am acting, I will do only Telugu films. I want to take Telugu films to the world. Everyone should talk about our films.
- Being a father is the most important thing, if you ask me. It changed me as a person and gave me an all new life.
- When my film flops, I believe it is my mistake. There have been times when I didn’t come out of my house because my films didn’t do well. I lock myself in for months. I don’t talk to people. I feel bad for producer, director, for those who lost money. It’s never about myself or my career alone.
- Who cares and remembers if my last film was a success? I need to work harder.
Mahesh Babu Important Facts
- Mahesh Babu is the Highest earning celebrity in the year 2015 In south India according to Forbes India.
- Mahesh Babu is known for his trademark dialogue delivery and running.
- Mahesh Babu owns a production house.
- Mahesh Babu is the most popular actor in Tollywood.
- Mahesh Babu is the 2nd Highest Paid actor after Rajinikanth at one point.
- To date, he has won seven Nandi Awards, five Filmfare Awards, three CineMAA Awards, three South Indian International Movie Awards and one International Indian Film Academy Award.
- He was ranked twelfth on the Times’ 50 Most Desirable Men in India for the year 2010. He climbed to the first position of the same list for the year 2013, beating the likes of Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan.He stood at sixth place on the same list for the year 2014.
- Mahesh has given 30% of his annual income to charities, and most of his philanthropic activities are not in public because he prefers them to be so.Mahesh joined Farhan Akhtar’s Men Against Rape and Discrimination (MARD) campaign in August 2013 and lent his voice to the Telugu version of a poem written by Javed Akhtar.He was signed in 2013 as the goodwill ambassador of Heal-a-child Foundation.
- In October 2014, he donated 2 Crores to a relief fund run by the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh for reconstruction of areas destroyed during Cyclone Hudhud.
- Mahesh is an ambassador for about a dozen of South Indian brands. In 2007, he signed a five-year endorsement deal with the cola company Thums Up to replace Chiranjeevi as its brand ambassador in Andhra Pradesh.
- He was elected the 1st Most Desirable Men Of India for the year 2013 by The Times of India.
- Is a huge fan of Sachin Tendulkar.
- Is a huge fan of his father Superstar Krishna and Senior actor Nandamuri Taraka RamaRao.
- He joined Farhan Akhtar’s MARD campaign by supporting the cause and has also lent his voice to the poem written in Telugu.
- Has won Seven Nandi Awards in which 3 for the Best Actor, 3 for Best Actor in Special Jury and 1 for Best Male Debut.
- Has won 3 CineMAA awards for the Best Actor Category, which is the highest of any actor to date.
- One of the few actors in Indian Film Industry who never did a remake in his career.
- Tamil Actors Suriya, Karthi and Vaibhav (Mankatha, Goa Fame) are his childhood School Friends.
- Mahesh’s childhood was spent mostly in Madras under the care of his maternal grandmother, Smt. Durgamma, and the rest of his family.
- Is very close to his family, especially to his brother Ramesh Babu.
- He was voted the 2nd Most Desirable Man for the year 2012 by The Times of India.
- Father of Gautam Krishna (born on 31 August 2006) and Sitara (born on 20 July 2012).
- Met his wife Namrata Shirodkar on the set of his film “Vamsi”.
- He was voted the 5th Most Desirable Men for the year 2011 by The Times of India.
- Brother of Ramesh Babu Ghattamaneni and Manjula Ghattamaneni.
- Son of the Legendary Telugu Movie Actor Krishna Ghattamaneni.
Mahesh Babu Filmography
|Vaamsi: The Warrior||2000||Actor|
|Raja Kumarudu||1999||Raj Kumar / Raja ‘Shaktiman’||Actor|
|Koduku Diddina Kapuram||1989||Actor|
|1 – Nenokkadine||2014||Gautham(Rockstar)||Actor|
|Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu||2013||Chinnodu||Actor|
|Business Man||2012||Vijay Surya (as Superstar Mahesh)||Actor|
|Dookudu||2011||G. Ajay Kumar||Actor|
|Khaleja||2010||Seetharama Raju / Hardoi Raju Chhatrapati (as Mahesh)||Actor|
|Athidhi||2007||Athidhi / Aditya (as Prince Mahesh)||Actor|
|Sainikudu||2006||Siddharth (as Superstar Mahesh Babu)||Actor|
|Pokiri||2006||Pandu (as Prince Mahesh Babu)||Actor|
|Athadu||2005||Nanda Gopal / Nandu / Pardhu (as Mahesh)||Actor|
|Naani||2004||Naani / Vijju||Actor|
|Arjun||2004||Arjun (as Mahesh)||Actor|
|Choron Ka Chor||2002||Actor|
|Daag: The Burning Fire||2002||Actor|
|1 – Nenokkadine||2014||stunt player||Stunts|
|Takkari Donga||2002||stunt player||Stunts|
|Ashta Chamma||2008||special thanks||Thanks|
|Jalsa||2008||very special thanks||Thanks|
Mahesh Babu Awards
|2014||Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2013)||Won|
|2014||SIIMA – Telugu||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Actor||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2013)||Won|
|2012||CineMAA Award||CineMAA Awards||Best Actor – Male||Dookudu (2011)||Won|
|2012||Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Dookudu (2011)||Won|
|2012||SIIMA – Telugu||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Actor||Dookudu (2011)||Won|
|2012||Hyderabad Times Film Awards||Times of India Film Awards||Best Actor Male||Dookudu (2011)||Won|
|2007||Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Pokiri (2006)||Won|
|2004||CineMAA Award||CineMAA Awards||Best Actor – Male||Okkadu (2003)||Won|
|2004||Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Okkadu (2003)||Won|
|2014||Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2013)||Nominated|
|2014||SIIMA – Telugu||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Actor||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2013)||Nominated|
|2012||CineMAA Award||CineMAA Awards||Best Actor – Male||Dookudu (2011)||Nominated|
|2012||Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Dookudu (2011)||Nominated|
|2012||SIIMA – Telugu||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Actor||Dookudu (2011)||Nominated|
|2012||Hyderabad Times Film Awards||Times of India Film Awards||Best Actor Male||Dookudu (2011)||Nominated|
|2007||Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Pokiri (2006)||Nominated|
|2004||CineMAA Award||CineMAA Awards||Best Actor – Male||Okkadu (2003)||Nominated|
|2004||Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry||Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Okkadu (2003)||Nominated|