Eugene W. Roddenberry Jr. net worth is $50 Million. Also know about Eugene W. Roddenberry Jr. bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Eugene W. Roddenberry Jr. Wiki Biography
Eugene Wesley “Rod” Roddenberry Jr. is a television producer born on 5th February 1974 in Los Angeles, California USA, and is best known as the CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment production house which specializes in creating science fiction material. Rod is the son of noted producer Gene Roddenberry, and has carried on his father’s legacy.
Have you ever wondered how rich Rod Roddenberry is? According to sources, it has been estimated that Rod Roddenberry’s net worth is $50 million, as of July 2017, accumulated by continuing his father’s successful business in the entertainment industry, and making a name for himself too. Since he is still very active in his profession, his net worth continues to grow.
Rod was born into a family of three children, to actress Majel Barrett and producer and writer Gene Roddenberry who created the sci-fi series “Star Trek”. He attended John Thomas Dye School and the Harvard-Westlake School in North Hollywood, then in the early ‘90s, Roddenberry decided to study at Hampshire College. Although he is now one of the leading men in multi-media science fiction production, Rod was not familiar at all with “Star Trek” when he was a young man. After his father’s death, he started to examine the series more closely, and discover its distinctive features and why the fans loved it so much. It was in 2001 that he inherited his father’s work, and became CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment.
From then on, Rod has intensely worked on various television, film and comic projects based on science fiction. One of his most notable projects was the “Trek Nation” TV documentary released in November 2011 on Science Television, which followed Roddenberry’s 10 year- long journey in exploring his father’s life. He was both an actor in and the producer of the documentary, a project which inspired him to found The Roddenberry Foundation, which supplies funds for innovative solutions in science and technology, education, humanitarian work and the environment. It made its biggest donation of $5 million to the J. David Gladstone Institutes in establishing the Roddenberry Center for Stem Cell Biology and Medicine.
Some of Rod’s most notable work in the world of entertainment includes serving as production assistant on the 1990 “Star Trek: The Next Generation”, being the writer and technical advisor of “Earth: Final Conflict” (1997), creating and producing the “Star Trek: New Voyages” web series (2004-2011), and being the executive producer of a short film “White Room: 02B3” (2012). His new TV series “Star Trek: Discovery” is currently being filmed and is set for release in September 2017.
When it comes to his private life, Rod has been married to Heidi Roddenberry since 2011; their son Zale Eugene, was born two years later. The family resides in Los Angeles. Apart from his main profession, Roddenberry is also a professional scuba diver who founded the Roddenberry Dive Team. Roddenberry himself holds a Divemaster certification, and leads diving teams in underwater exploration on exotic locations worldwide.
IMDB Wikipedia $50 million 1974 1974-2-5 Actor American Aquarius California Darleen Anita Roddenberry-Bacha Dawn Roddenberry Compton Earth: Final Conflict (1997) Eugene W. Roddenberry Jr. February 5 Gene Roddenberry Hampshire College Heidi Roddenberry Los Angeles Majel Barrett Miscellaneous Crew producer Rod Roddenberry Net Worth Star Trek New Voyages: Phase II (2004) Trek Nation (2010) USA White Room: 02B3 (2012) Zale Roddenberry
Eugene W. Roddenberry Jr. Quick Info
|Full Name||Rod Roddenberry|
|Net Worth||$50 Million|
|Date Of Birth||February 5, 1974|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Profession||Miscellaneous Crew, Producer, Actor|
|Children||Zale Eugene Roddenberry|
|Parents||Majel Barrett, Gene Roddenberry|
|Siblings||Dawn Roddenberry Compton, Darleen Anita Roddenberry-Bacha|
Eugene W. Roddenberry Jr. Important Facts
- His first son, Zale Eugene Roddenberry was born on 6. August 2013, 10:40 p.m. PT, and weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces.
- Was commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by Kentucky Governor Steven L. Beshear in 2010.
- He resides in Los Angeles and San Diego with his wife, Heidi.
- He attended Hampshire College in the early 1990s.
- He attended the John Thomas Dye School in Bel-Air and Harvard-Westlake School in North Hollywood, CA.
- The Roddenberry Foundation believes that the center’s innovative technology that converts adult skin cells into life-changing stem cells will radically advance the fight against Alzheimer’s and heart disease.
- In 2011, The Roddenberry Foundation made its largest gift of $5 million to the J. David Gladstone Institutes in San Francisco to establish the Roddenberry Center for Stem Cell Biology and Medicine.
- The Roddenberry Foundation funds innovative solutions to critical global issues in science and technology, the environment, education and humanitarian advances.
- Trek Nation is a documentary film that captures Roddenberry’s 10-year journey to explore his father’s life. The undertaking inspired him to fully embrace the vision Gene Roddenberry had for the future, which he expressed through the founding of The Roddenberry Foundation in 2010.
- The Roddenberry legacy further lives on through the Roddenberry Dive Team, which was founded in 2010. Rod leads the dive team in its exploration of underwater worlds and strives to inspire stewardship of the world’s oceans.
- He has been a scuba diver since 1993. He holds a Divemaster certification and has led or participated in more than 1,000 dives from exotic locations around the world.
- He became chief executive officer of Roddenberry Entertainment in 2001. Roddenberry Entertainment builds on Gene Roddenberry’s work and continues to pioneer the development of a multimedia science fiction portfolio that incorporates graphic novels, comics, television and film projects.
- He commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by KY Governor Steve Beshear in 2010.
- He is the younger half-brother of Dawn Roddenberry and Darleen Roddenberry-Bacha.
- He is interested in sharks and enjoys scuba diving.
- He is the son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry and Majel Barrett.
Eugene W. Roddenberry Jr. Filmography
|Star Trek: Discovery||2017||TV Series executive producer – 2 episodes pre-production||Producer|
|Star Trek: Inside the Roddenberry Vault||2016||Documentary executive producer||Producer|
|Star Trek New Voyages: Phase II||2004-2016||TV Series consulting producer – 12 episodes||Producer|
|Questor||2016||TV Series executive producer – 2016-||Producer|
|Racing Extinction||2015||Documentary associate producer||Producer|
|Instant||2015||Short executive producer||Producer|
|White Room: 02B3||2012||Short executive producer||Producer|
|Trek Nation||2010||Documentary executive producer||Producer|
|Earth: Final Conflict||1997||TV Series associate producer – 2 episodes||Producer|
|Roddenberry on Patrol||2003||Video short creative consultant||Miscellaneous|
|Earth: Final Conflict||1997-1998||TV Series for Kirschner/Roddenberry Productions – 22 episodes||Miscellaneous|
|Star Trek Continues||2016||TV Series||Crewman||Actor|
|Tweet Out||2014||TV Series||Actor|
|Days Missing||2009||Video short||Director|
|Earth: Final Conflict||1998||TV Series story by – 1 episode||Writer|
|Sushi Girl||2012||special thanks||Thanks|
|Corpus||2010||Documentary special thanks||Thanks|
|Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier||2007||TV Movie documentary special thanks||Thanks|
|Woman in Motion||Documentary filming||Himself||Self|
|From the Bridge||2017||Documentary||Himself||Self|
|Star Trek: Inside the Roddenberry Vault||2016||Documentary||Himself||Self|
|50 Years of Star Trek||2016||TV Movie||Himself – CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment||Self|
|Alien Encounters||2013||TV Mini-Series||Himself – CEO, Roddenberry Entertainment||Self|
|The True Story||2013||TV Series documentary||Himself – Gene Roddenberry’s son||Self|
|Energized: Taking the Next Generation to the Next Level||2012||Short||Himself||Self|
|Stardate Revisited: The Origin of Star Trek – The Next Generation||2012||Documentary||Himself||Self|
|TableTop||2012||TV Series||Himself – Guest||Self|
|Iron Core Talk||2011||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Earth: Final Conflict Genesis – A Retrospective||2009||Video short||Himself||Self|
|Earth: Final Conflict – The Roddenberry Philosophy||2009||Video short||Himself||Self|
|Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier||2007||TV Movie documentary||Himself – Interviewee (as Eugene ‘Rod’ Roddenberry Jr.)||Self|
|Cosmic Thoughts||2003||Video short documentary||Himself (as Eugene W. Roddenberry)||Self|