Eddie Van Halen net worth is $90 Million. Also know about Eddie Van Halen bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Eddie Van Halen Wiki Biography
Edward Lodewjik Van Halen was born on 26 January 1955 in Nijmegan, the Netherlands, to a Dutch father, Jan van Halen who a clarinetist, saxophonist and pianist, and mother, Eugenia van Halen (née van Beers) an Indonesian-born Eurasian. He is a record producer, author, guitarist as well as a songwriter, To the public, Eddie Van Halen is perhaps best known as a member of a popular band Van Halen, which also consists of Van Halen’s brother Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony and David Lee Roth. His career began in the late 1960s
A noted singer and songwriter, how rich is Eddie Van Halen, as of late 2017? According to sources, Eddie Van Halen’s net worth is estimated to be $90 million, most of which he has accumulated through his involvement with the Van Halen band.
Eddie Van Halen was seven years old when his family migrated to the United States, where they settled down in California. Both Eddie and Alex had been fascinated with music, as a result of which they took piano lessons. Later, Eddie decided to switch from piano to drums, yet when he heard his brother play the guitar, he chose to learn that as well. One of Van Halen’s first bands was The Broken Combs, in which he played with his brother and other boys: the band usually performed at their Hamilton Elementary School during lunchtime. In 1972, Eddie Van Halen co-founded the rock band known as Van Halen, with which he became a well-recognized face in the music industry.
In 1984, “Van Halen” released their most successful studio album to date entitled “1984”, which peaked at #2 on the Billboard 200 music chart, a position it maintained for five weeks. The album produced such singles as “Jump”, “I’ll Wait”, and “Hot for Teacher”. Up to date, the album has sold more than 12 million copies in the United States alone, which earned it a 12-times platinum certification from the RIAA. So far, the band has released 12 studio albums, the most recent of which entitled “A Different Kind of Truth” came out in 2012 to worldwide commercial success. One of the singles of the album, namely “Stay Frosty”, was listed as the 16th Best Song of 2012 by “Rolling Stone” magazine. For their contributions to music, Van Halen has been rewarded with an American Music Award, a Grammy Award, as well as several MTV Video Music Awards.
Aside from the group, Eddie has been known for his collaborative work with other artists. In 1978, he worked with Ted Templeman on the song called “Can’t Get Away from You”, while in 1982 he played guitar on Michael Jackson’s hit single “Beat It”. Van Halen had also worked with Brian May on his project called “Star Fleet Project”, which consisted of three songs. More recently, in 2013 he collaborated with LL Cool J on two tracks from his “Authentic” album, namely “We’re the Greatest” and “Not Leaving You Tonight”.
In regards to his personal life, Eddie Van Halen married Valerie Bertinelli in 1981, and in 1991 the couple had a son, however, Van Halen and Bertinelli split up in 2005, allegedly due to his addiction to cocaine, and divorced in 2007. Since 2009, Van Halen has been married to Janie Liszewski.
IMDB Wikipedia “Van Halen” (Hard rock band) $90 Million 1955 1984 (1984) A Different Kind of Truth (2012) a Grammy Award Alex Van Halen American Music Award Author Bassist Betty Boop Brian May Chef Christmas Christmas and holiday season Christmas music David Lee Roth Diver Down (1982) documentary) Drummer Dutch people Dutch-American Eddie Eddie Van Halen Eddie Van Halen Net Worth. 1984 Edward Lodewijk “Eddie” Van Halen Edward Lodewijk Van Halen Elvis Presley Eruption (instrumental) Fair Warning (1981) Filthy Gorgeous: The Trannyshack Story (2005) Guitar Guitarist High school diploma Hot for Teacher Indo people Indonesian American Interscope Records Janie Liszewski Janie Liszewski (m. 2009) January 26 Javanese people Jump Keyboard Player LL Cool J Michael Anthony Michael Jackson MTV Video Music Awards Music Musician Nashville Netherlands Nijmegen Paint Record producer Right Now (1979) Right Now (1993) Rock Legends (2016 Rock Stars Saturday Night Live Band Songwriter Tattoo Ted Templeman Tennessee Thanksgiving The Best of Both Worlds The Jon Stewart Show (1995) The Seduction of Gina (1984) The Wild Life (1985) The World’s Greatest Tribute Bands (2016 Toyota Hilux Twister (1996) Two and a Half Men (2009) United States of America Valerie Bertinelli Valerie Bertinelli (m. 1981–2007) Van Halen Van Halen (1978) Van Halen albums Van Halen II (1979) Van Halen Live: Right Here Van Halen: Hot for Teacher (1984) Warner Bros. Wolfgang Van Halen Women and Children First (1980) YouTube
Eddie Van Halen Quick Info
|Full Name||Eddie Van Halen|
|Net Worth||$90 Million|
|Date Of Birth||January 26, 1955|
|Place Of Birth||Nijmegen, Netherlands|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Profession||Musician, Songwriter, Guitarist, Keyboard Player, Record producer, Author, Bassist, Drummer|
|Education||Pasadena City College|
|Spouse||Janie Liszewski (m. 2009), Valerie Bertinelli (m. 1981–2007)|
|Children||Wolfgang Van Halen|
|Parents||Eugenia van Halen, Jan Van Halen, Eruption, Jump, Hot for Teacher|
|Siblings||Alex Van Halen|
|Nicknames||Edward Lodewijk Van Halen , Van Halen, Eddie , Edward Lodewijk “Eddie” Van Halen|
|Awards||American Music Award, a Grammy Award, MTV Video Music Awards|
|Record Labels||Warner Bros., Interscope Records|
|Albums||A Different Kind of Truth (2012), Van Halen Live: Right Here, Right Now (1993), Van Halen (1978), Van Halen II (1979), Women and Children First (1980), Fair Warning (1981), Diver Down (1982), 1984 (1984)|
|Music Groups||“Van Halen” (Hard rock band)|
|Nominations||The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time (2012, Nr 1 by Guitar World magazine),100 Greatest Guitarists (2011, Nr 8 by Rolling Stone Magazine), Hollywood Rock Walk (Guitar Center’s Hollywood)|
|Movies||The Seduction of Gina (1984), The Wild Life (1985), Twister (1996), The World’s Greatest Tribute Bands (2016, documentary), Filthy Gorgeous: The Trannyshack Story (2005), Van Halen: Hot for Teacher (1984),|
|TV Shows||Rock Legends (2016, documentary), Right Now (1979), The Jon Stewart Show (1995), Saturday Night Live Band, Two and a Half Men (2009)|
Eddie Van Halen Trademarks
- Likes to jump up in the air and do the splits during his “Eruption” guitar solo.
- Frankenstrat guitar
- “Eruption” guitar solo
- Two-tapping (a guitar technique that he popularized)
- Use of synthesizers
- Use of the whammy bar
Eddie Van Halen Quotes
- I just like songs. I don’t mean to sound like a prick or nothin’, but I’ve never really been that much of a fan of bands outside of Cream. And I don’t really listen to anything nowadays. The last record I might’ve bought was Peter Gabriel’s So. With Cream, I was more a fan of their interaction live. You know, they were an example of “What’s the difference between jazz and rock & roll? We just play louder.” That’s all. We get 12 notes. Do what the fuck you want with ’em, you know???
- You’d have to be numb or dead not to get excited about 20,000 people screaming.
- I’m a musician, Dave’s a rock star.
- “I really don’t feel like I’ve done s**t yet.” When asked by Rolling Stone magazine to describe his greatest accomplishment as a guitarist (sometime around 2003).
Eddie Van Halen Important Facts
- October 2012. After an extensive seven-month reader’s poll face-off contest (500,000 votes), Guitar World magazine declares: Eddie Van Halen “Greatest Guitarist of All-Time”.
- Once said in an interview he built his own guitar. His Frankenstrat consisted of the body of a Fender but the double-coil pickup of a Gibson. Later, to confuse those who would try to make unauthorized copies of his Frankenstrat, he added a non-functioning single-coil pickup and extra wiring in the middle to confuse people as to how the sound was produced.
- Ex-son-in-law of Andrew Bertinelli and Nancy Bertinelli.
- Eddie’s very first guitar was a Teisco Del Ray electric with 4 pickups bought for $70.
- Brother-in-law of Stine Schyberg.
- Likes to say that David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar’s problems with the band were due to “LSD” — Lead Singer Disease.
- Has debuted the EVH Wolfgang guitar, which he describes as a culmination of his years of knowledge and experience with guitars. Eddie quietly road tested this new guitar during the band’s recent reunion tour.
- August 4, 2008 – Engaged to Janie Liszewski.
- One of the tracks from Van Halen’s self-titled debut album in 1978 includes Eddie’s “Eruption” guitar solo. Eruption originally was intended to be a guitar warm-up exercise. However, one day while in the studio as Eddie was playing Eruption, the recording engineer happened to be recording. The rest is history (although, ironically, Eddie reportedly didn’t like the way it sounded).
- While he is often credited as inventing the “tapping” technique, this is actually incorrect. The technique had been around for many years; he merely popularized it within the rock and roll genre.
- Has a reputation for being modest about his guitar talents, sometimes stating that Van Halen songs have been successfully made from guitar riffs of his that he didn’t think were very good.
- Didn’t speak any English when he and his family first immigrated to America.
- Is a recovering alcoholic; Eddie’s father died of complications from alcoholism, and, reportedly, his paternal grandfather was an alcoholic also.
- When Van Halen became successful, one of the first things Eddie and his brother Alex did with their earnings was to tell their father he could retire and take things easy for the rest of his life.
- In 1999 he had hip replacement surgery.
- Met David Lee Roth while they both attended Pasadena Community College in the 1970s.
- His father, Jan van Halen, was an accomplished sax and clarinet musician in his own right. He appeared on clarinet on “Big Bad Bill (Is Sweet William Now)” on the “Diver Down” album (released on April 14th, 1982).
- Son, Wolfgang Van Halen, born March 16, 1991.
- Has been working on new material in his home studio since being declared cancer-free (he was treated for throat cancer in 2000/2001), but has no idea what he’s going to do with it for now. Van Halen split with its label, Warner Brothers, in 2001, and is currently without a recording contract. [June 2002]
- Parents moved the family to Pasadena, California, USA from the Netherlands when he and brother Alex were young. His father was Dutch, his mother Indonesian.
- Father, with Valerie Bertinelli, of son Wolfgang Van Halen.
- Guitarist for rock group Van Halen.
- Younger brother of Alex Van Halen.
Eddie Van Halen Filmography
|WKRP in Cincinnati||1978||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|The Mind of a Chef||2016||TV Series documentary writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Strictly Come Dancing||2016||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Sing||2016||writer: “Jump” – as Eddie Van Halen||Soundtrack|
|Everybody Wants Some!!||2016||writer: “Everybody Wants Some!”, “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love”||Soundtrack|
|Ochéntame… otra vez||2016||TV Series documentary writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Eddie the Eagle||2016||“Jump”||Soundtrack|
|It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia||2016||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Mike & Mike||2015||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Superkids – Die größten kleinen Talente der Welt||2015||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Jimmy Kimmel Live!||2015||TV Series performer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Furious 7||2015||writer: “Blast Off”||Soundtrack|
|Glee||2009-2015||TV Series writer – 2 episodes||Soundtrack|
|Love Film Festival||2014||writer: “Jump”||Soundtrack|
|Today at Wimbledon||2014||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||2014||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Dancing on Ice||2014||TV Series writer – 2 episodes||Soundtrack|
|The Voice UK||2014||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Born to Be Wild: The Golden Age of American Rock||2014||TV Series documentary writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Masters Snooker||2014||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues||2013||writer: “Dance The Night Away” – as Eddie Van Halen||Soundtrack|
|South Park||2013||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|One Hit Wonderland||2013||TV Series documentary writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Star King||2013||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||2011-2013||TV Series writer – 22 episodes||Soundtrack|
|Celebrity Splash! Australia||2013||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Mayweather||2013||TV Movie documentary performer: “We’re The Greatest”||Soundtrack|
|The World’s Greatest Tribute Bands||2013||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|The Footy Show||2013||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|This Is 40||2012||writer: “Little Guitars”||Soundtrack|
|Argo||2012||writer: “Dance the Night Away”||Soundtrack|
|That’s My Boy||2012||writer: “And The Cradle Will Rock”, “Dance The Night Away”||Soundtrack|
|Late Show with David Letterman||2011||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|The Green Hornet||2011||writer: “Feel Your Love Tonight”||Soundtrack|
|Wir sind Kaiser||2010||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Total Wipeout||2010||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Guitar Hero: Van Halen||2009||Video Game writer: “Ain’t Talkin Bout Love”, “And The Cradle Will Rock”, “Atomic Punk”, “Beautiful Girls”, “Cathedral”, “Dance The Night Away”, “Eruption”, “Everybody Wants Some”, “Feel Your Love Tonight”, “Hang Em High”, “Hear About It Later”, “Hot For Teacher”, “I’m The One”, “Jamie’s Cryin”, “Jump”, “Little Guitars”, “Loss Of Control”, “Mean Street”, “Panama”, “Romeo Delight”, “Running With The Devil”, “So This Is Love”, “Somebody Get Me A Doctor”, “Spanish Fly”, “Unchained”||Soundtrack|
|Electric Dreams||2009||TV Mini-Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Zombieland||2009||writer: “Everybody Wants Some”||Soundtrack|
|Two and a Half Men||2009||TV Series performer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Rage||2009||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Guitar Hero World Tour||2008||Video Game writer: “Hot For Teacher”||Soundtrack|
|Op zoek naar Joseph||2008||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Metal: A Headbanger’s Journey||2005||Documentary writer: “Eruption” – as Van Halen||Soundtrack|
|Herbie Fully Loaded||2005||writer: “Jump”||Soundtrack|
|American Dad!||2005||TV Series writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Gran Turismo 4||2004||Video Game writer: “Panama”||Soundtrack|
|I’m Sammy Hagar||2004||Short performer: “Why Can’t This Be Love” / writer: “Ain’t Talkin’ Bout Love”, “Why Can’t This Be Love”||Soundtrack|
|High Chaparall||2004||TV Series documentary writer – 1 episode||Soundtrack|
|Little Nicky||2000||writer: “Running With the Devil”||Soundtrack|
|Freaks and Geeks||1999-2000||TV Series writer – 5 episodes||Soundtrack|
|Ready to Rumble||2000||writer: “Runnin’ With The Devil”||Soundtrack|
|Mission to Mars||2000||writer: “Dance The Night Away”||Soundtrack|
|Detroit Rock City||1999||writer: “Running With The Devil”||Soundtrack|
|Big Daddy||1999||writer: “Jump”||Soundtrack|
|Lost & Found||1999/I||writer: “Runnin’ with the Devil” – as Eddie Van Halen||Soundtrack|
|Olympic Glory||1999||Documentary short writer: “Hot For Teacher”||Soundtrack|
|Varsity Blues||1999||writer: “Hot For Teacher”||Soundtrack|
|La leggenda del pianista sull’oceano||1998||“Lost Boys Calling” 1998||Soundtrack|
|SLC Punk!||1998||writer: “Hot For Teacher”||Soundtrack|
|Lethal Weapon 4||1998||producer: “Fire in the Hole” – as Eddie Van Halen||Soundtrack|
|Private Parts||1997||writer: “Jamie’s Cryin'”, “Dance The Night Away”||Soundtrack|
|Twister||1996||performer: “Respect The Wind” / producer: “Respect The Wind” / writer: “Humans Being”, “Respect The Wind”||Soundtrack|
|Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie||1995||writer: “Dreams”||Soundtrack|
|Airheads||1994||writer: “I’m the One” – as E. Van Halen||Soundtrack|
|Van Halen Live: Right Here, Right Now||1993||Video writer: “Poundcake”, “Judgement Day”, “Man on a Mission”, “When It’s Love”, “In ‘N’ Out”, “Right Now”, “Pleasure Dome”, “Spanked”, “Runaround”, “Finish What Ya Started”, “Cabo Wabo”, “The Dream Is Over”, “Jump”, “Top of the World”||Soundtrack|
|MTV Video Music Awards 1991||1991||TV Special writer: “Poundcake”||Soundtrack|
|Over the Top||1987||producer: “Winner Takes It All”||Soundtrack|
|Van Halen Live Without a Net||1986||Video performer: “There’s Only One Way To Rock”, “Summer Nights”, “Get Up”, “5150”, “Best Of Both Worlds”, “Panama”, “Love Walks In”, “Guitar Solo”, “I Can’t Drive 55”, “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love”, “Why Can’t This Be Love”, “Rock and Roll”||Soundtrack|
|Better Off Dead…||1985||writer: “Everybody Wants Some!!”||Soundtrack|
|The Wild Life||1984||performer: “DONUT CITY” – uncredited / producer: “DONUT CITY” – uncredited / writer: “DONUT CITY” – uncredited||Soundtrack|
|Ekkusu bonbâ||1980||TV Series “Star Fleet”||Soundtrack|
|Sacred Sin||2006||Video as Eddie Van Halen||Composer|
|Van Halen: Humans Being||1996||Short co-composer||Composer|
|Van Halen Live Without a Net||1986||Video||Composer|
|The Wild Life||1984||Composer|
|The Seduction of Gina||1984||TV Movie||Composer|
|Van Halen: Hot for Teacher||1984||Video short||Composer|
|Two and a Half Men||2009||TV Series||Eddie Van Halen||Actor|
|Late Show with David Letterman||1993||TV Series||Actor|
|Cafe Americain||1993||TV Series||Street Musician||Actor|
|Van Halen: Hot for Teacher||1984||Video short||Edward Van Halen||Actor|
|Sydney||1990||TV Series composer: theme music – as Eddie Van Halen, 1990||Music Department|
|Sacred Sin||2006||Video executive producer – as Eddie Van Halen||Producer|
|Renegade Live @ the House of Blues||2009||Video documentary special thanks||Thanks|
|Bonne année||2008||special thanks||Thanks|
|Piers Morgan Tonight||2013||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Cry Baby: The Pedal that Rocks the World||2011||Video documentary||Himself (as Eddie Van Halen)||Self|
|Biography||2010||TV Series documentary||Himself||Self|
|Lopez Tonight||2010||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Guitar Hero: Van Halen||2009||Video Game||Himself (voice)||Self|
|Spike’s Guys Choice||2009||TV Movie||Himself (as Eddie Van Halen)||Self|
|American Masters||2007||TV Series documentary||Himself||Self|
|Howard Stern on Demand||2006||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Joe Does the Oscars||2006||TV Movie||Himself||Self|
|Howard Stern||1998||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Van Halen: Video Hits Vol. 1||1996||Video||Himself||Self|
|Van Halen: Humans Being||1996||Short||Himself||Self|
|The 23rd Annual American Music Awards||1996||TV Special||Himself||Self|
|The History of Rock ‘n’ Roll||1995||TV Series documentary||Himself||Self|
|The Jon Stewart Show||1995||TV Series||Himself – Guest||Self|
|The 45th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards||1993||TV Special||Himself – Audience Member||Self|
|Van Halen Live: Right Here, Right Now||1993||Video||Himself||Self|
|This Morning||1992||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|MTV Video Music Awards 1992||1992||TV Special||Himself – Van Halen Guitarist||Self|
|Saturday Night Live||1987||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|Van Halen Live Without a Net||1986||Video||Himself (as Eddie Van Halen)||Self|
|Frank Sinatra: Portrait of an Album||1985||Video||Himself (uncredited)||Self|
|Late Night with David Letterman||1985||TV Series||Himself||Self|
|The 38th Annual Golden Globe Awards||1981||TV Special||Himself||Self|
|Rock Legends||2016||TV Series documentary||Himself||Archive Footage|
|E! True Hollywood Story||2009||TV Series documentary||Himself||Archive Footage|
|20/20||2009||TV Series documentary||Himself||Archive Footage|
|Dr. Drew’s Celebrity Addiction Special||2008||TV Movie documentary||Himself||Archive Footage|
|Countdown Spectacular 2||2007||TV Movie||Himself||Archive Footage|
|De wereld draait door||2007||TV Series||Himself||Archive Footage|
|Video on Trial||2006||TV Series||Himself – Van Halen||Archive Footage|
|The Van Halen Story: The Early Years||2003||Video documentary||Himself||Archive Footage|
|Mayor of the Sunset Strip||2003||Documentary||Himself||Archive Footage|
|Truth Behind the Sitcom Scandals 4||2000||TV Movie documentary||Himself||Archive Footage|
Eddie Van Halen Awards
|2007||AVN Award||Adult Video News Awards||Best Music||Sacred Sin (2006)||Won|
|2007||AVN Award||Adult Video News Awards||Best Music||Sacred Sin (2006)||Nominated|