Daisy Ridley net worth is $2 Million. Also know about Daisy Ridley bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship and more …
Daisy Ridley Wiki Biography
Daisy Jazz Isobel Ridley, born on the 10th of April 1992, is an English actress famously known in her role as Rey in the popular movie series “Star Wars”.
So how much is Ridley’s net worth? As of early 2016 it is reported to be $2 million, gained mostly from her career in acting which has only spanned a few years.
Born in Westminster, London, Ridley is the youngest out of five siblings to parents Louise Fawkner-Corbett and Chris Ridley. Being a performer at heart, she was enrolled in to Hertfordshire’s Tring Park School for Performing Arts, where she was trained in musical theatre. While attending the famed school, Ridley also studied ballet, tap and jazz dancing and even singing. She graduated at the age of 18, and then attended Birkbeck College, University of London to study classical civilization, but later on dropped out to focus on her acting career.
Right away she was offered several roles, and she started by appearing on the small screen, one of her first roles being in the television show “Youngers” playing the role of Jessie. She also played the role of Fran Bedingfield in the series “Casualty” and was cast in the comedy show “Toast of London” as Charlotte. In 2014, she was included in the drama revolving around a department store entitled “Mr. Selfridge” playing the role of Roxy Starlet, and also appeared in the popular series “Silent Witness”. Her various roles in television, though relatively minor, helped to advance her career and net worth.
While building her portfolio, Ridley also appeared in minor short films, such as “Scrawl”, “Crossed Wires”, “100% Beef”, “Lifesaver”, and the sci-fi horror movie “Blue Season”. While she had been very busy appearing in multiple television shows and movies, her major breakthrough came in 2014 when she was included in the cast of one of the most popular movie series of all time, “Star Wars”.
It was announced in 2014 that director J. J. Abrams was looking for new faces for the new instalment of “Star Wars”, and after she had auditioned for five times, Abrams called Ridley and gave her the news that she would be included in the cast, and unbeknownst to Ridley, she would be playing one of the main characters in the highly-anticipated film.
In 2015, the first of the sequel of the Star Wars trilogy was released entitled “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”, and it was a hit among fans. However, aside from the film’s record breaking feat at the box-office, Ridley’s performance as Rey was also a major highlight for critics and fans, naming her the breakout star of the film. Her appearance in the film not only catapulted her name to fame but also considerably boosted her net worth.
In 2016, Ridley lent her voice to the lead character Taeko in the English adaptation of the animated film “Only Yesterday”. She will also reprise her role as Rey in “Star Wars: Epsiode VIII” in December of the folowing year.
In terms of her personal life, Ridley is dating British actor Charlie Hamblett, a relationship which began in 2014.
IMDB Wikipedia $2 million 1992 1992-04-10 5 ft 6 in (1.7 m) Actor Actors April 10 Birkbeck College Charlie Hamblett Chris Ridley Daisy Ridley Daisy Ridley Net Worth Hertfordshire’s Tring Park School for Performing Arts Kika-Rose Ridley Louise Fawkner-Corbett Poppy Sophia Ridley Star Wars Toast of London United Kingdom University of London Westminster Youngers
Daisy Ridley Quick Info
|Full Name||Daisy Ridley|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Date Of Birth||April 10, 1992|
|Place Of Birth||Westminster, United Kingdom|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)|
|Education||Hertfordshire’s Tring Park School for Performing Arts, Birkbeck College, University of London|
|Parents||Chris Ridley, Louise Fawkner-Corbett|
|Siblings||Kika-Rose Ridley, Poppy Sophia Ridley|
|Awards||MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance, Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Breakout Star, Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer|
|Nominations||MTV Movie Award for Best Fight, MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance, MTV Movie Award for Best Hero, Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Chemistry, Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actress|
|TV Shows||Youngers, Toast of London|
Daisy Ridley Quotes
- I went to a school called Tring Park School for the Performing Arts. I went because initially I was very naughty, and my mom thought if I was busy, I’d be better. And I didn’t really do acting until later on in the school, with an amazing teacher. I left, went traveling, came back. And then it all kind of went from there.
- [About her video reel being deleted] That was actually me! I wanted it to be so people could just concentrate on this. I’m so proud of what I’ve done before, but I wanted it to feel fresh. Which is what I think everyone else wanted, because everyone wanted just to see me as Rey and not as the people I’ve played before, even though the jobs I’ve done before are amazing and obviously led me to this incredible point. So here I am.
- My great uncle was in Dad’s Army. And I don’t know if Americans will know that. It was a hugely popular show in England. They’re redoing it as a film. Michael Gambon, who played Dumbledore [in the Harry Potter movies], is playing who my great uncle played. Both my parents are creative. My dad did act when he was younger, but they’re both very creative.” […] “My mum works in internal communications at a bank, and my dad’s a photographer.
- [on her favourite location while filming Star Wars: The Force Awakens] Weirdly enough, probably Abu Dhabi, even though it was so hot, it was like you literally can’t imagine that heat. The feeling of stepping onto a real set for the first time, it genuinely was a baptism of fire. To see creatures walking around and speeders chilling in the sand, that was amazing, and because I was shooting there, it was like everything had built up to that moment. So a few days in, I was like, OK. I’m getting my groove now.
- [About her family] I’ve got sisters. I’m the youngest of actually five. We have been watching the movies again, and my middle sister is super excited. Last year when we were filming, everyone came round and we had dinner and watched Episode IV, A New Hope, which was super cool.
- [About the Star Wars Celebration event] I didn’t think of it like that until dinner last night when somebody mentioned how many people might be watching. It was so cool to be part of a film that is loved so much, and then to be able to launch in that sphere with just fans and people who love what we’re doing and are so excited about what’s going to come in December, that was the best way to come out, as it were.
- [About where she grew up] London. And somebody did ask me if me and John [Boyega] got on because we’re from the same place. We’re not from the same place. He’s from South London, I’m from West.
Daisy Ridley Important Facts
- She appears in the music video for the song “Lights On” by Wiley (feat Angel & Tinchy Stryder). The song was released in 2013.
- Trained as a dancer and singer at the Tring Park School for the Performing Arts.
- Her great uncle is actor Arnold Ridley who played Godfrey in the long running British sitcom Dad’s Army (1968).
- She was cast in Youngers (2013) straight out of school.
Daisy Ridley Filmography
|Star Wars: Episode VIII||2017||filming||Rey||Actress|
|Star Wars: The Force Awakens||2015||Rey||Actress|
|Saturday Night Live||2015||TV Series||Daisy Ridley (segment “Star Wars Auditions”)||Actress|
|Disney Infinity 3.0||2015||Video Game||Rey (voice, uncredited)||Actress|
|Mr Selfridge||2014||TV Series||Roxy||Actress|
|Silent Witness||2014||TV Series||Hannah Kennedy||Actress|
|Toast of London||2013||TV Series||Stage Hand||Actress|
|Casualty||2013||TV Series||Fran Bedingfield||Actress|
|Access Hollywood||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Conan||2015||TV Series||Herself – Guest||Self|
|Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Entertainment Tonight||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Omg! Insider||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Live with Kelly and Michael||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Good Morning America||2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Jimmy Kimmel Live!||2015||TV Series||Herself – Guest||Self|
|Entertainment Tonight||2015||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|The Drunken Peasants||2015||TV Series||Rey||Archive Footage|