Angela Merkel’s net worth is $11.5 Million. Also know about Angela Merkel’s bio, salary, height, age weight, relationship, and more …
Angela Merkel Wiki Biography
- Angela Merkel was born on 17 July 1954 in Hamburg, Germany, a member of Polish descent.
- She is a stateswoman and a former research scientist, best known since 2005 as Chancellor of Germany and since 2000 as President of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU).
- Thanks to politics, Merkel’s net worth has risen considerably over the last 25 years.
- Her political career began in 1990.
- According to authoritative sources, the net value of Angela Merkel is reported to be as high as $11.5 million.
- Being one of the most influential people in the world has helped Merkel increase her income.
- Angela Dorothea Merkel was the daughter of Herland Jentzsch, a Latin and English teacher, and Horst Kasner.
- Merkel moved to East Germany, where she was part of the Free German Youth (FDJ), a movement supported by the Socialist Unity Party.
- She has won the federal elections in 2009 and 2013 and is now Chancellor of Germany.
- In 2007, Merkel was nominated President of the European Council and became one of the most influential people in the world.
- As far as her personal life was concerned, Angela Merkel married Ulrich Merkel in 1977 when both were studying physics; however, they separated in 1982, but Angela retained Ulrich’s surname and still uses it today.
- Her second marriage was to the quantum chemist, Professor Joachim Sauer.
- They met in the early ’80s and got married in 1998.
- Merkel has no children, but she is the mother-in-law of Sauer’s two sons.
- She’s a huge football fan, and she’s always in attendance when the German national team plays.
- Merkel sustained a broken bone in the pelvis after a cross-country skiing accident in Switzerland at the beginning of 2014.
- She’s afraid of dogs since she was bitten by one in 1995.
- 1998) July 17, University of Leipzig Marcus Kasner Physicist Politician Richest Political Scientist Ulrich Merkel’s Ulrich Merkel (d.
- 1977–1982) Uh, Vladimir Putin Wolfgang Screwless
Angela Merkel Quick Info
|Full Name||Angela Merkel|
|Net Worth||$11.5 Million|
|Date Of Birth||July 17, 1954|
|Place Of Birth||Hamburg, Germany|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)|
|Profession||Politician, Scientist, Physicist, Actor, Chancellor of Germany|
|Education||German Academy of Sciences at Berlin, Leipzig University|
|Spouse||Joachim Sauer (m. 1998), Ulrich Merkel (m. 1977–1982)|
|Parents||Horst Kasner, Herlind Kasner|
|Siblings||Irene Kasner, Marcus Kasner|
|Nicknames||Angela Dorothea Kasner , Angela Dorothea Merkel , Angela Kasner|
|Awards||Presidential Medal of Freedom, Charlemagne Prize, Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding, Indira Gandhi Prize, Leo-Baeck-Medal, Vision for Europe Award, Grand Cross 1st Class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany, Glamour Award The Chosen Ones|
|Movies||Angela Merkel – The Unexpected|
Angela Merkel Trademarks
- Her index fingers and thumbs are almost always pressed together in photographs of her.
Angela Merkel Quotes
- If the euro fails, Europe fails.
- It certainly is dangerous that there are only a few clubs left in Europe that can afford to pay millions. At the end of the day however, the spectators decide the rates of pay – by watching the games and consuming the goods and services advertised on sports TV programmes.
- Eurobonds are absolutely wrong. In order to bring about common interest rates, you need similar competitiveness levels, similar budget situations. You don’t get them by collectivizing debts.
- On the one hand, the financial projection is on the agenda – we will see if this problem can be resolved or not. I think it is a right idea to stage a special summit, which would deal with the question of priorities of European politics.
- At this time – we’re in a dramatic crisis – euro bonds are precisely the wrong answer. They lead us into a debt union, not a stability union. Each country has to take its own steps to reduce its debt.
- I will not let anyone tell me we must spend more money. This crisis did not come about because we issued too little money but because we created economic growth with too much money and it was not sustainable growth.
- Personally, I think that for example the chemical directive in its present form does too much damage to the chemical industry – especially the medium sized businesses – and will hurt our worldwide competitiveness.
- That makes me think of the 2002 World Cup Final above all else. Nobody thought at the time that our team would get through to the Final against Brazil. We should remember that this summer.
- So Europe needs to be competitive and we also need to be competitive if we wish to remain an interesting economic partner for the United States. This has to be done on the basis of strength, of competitiveness.
- I think that the EU with the Lisbon agenda has put the right emphasis on growth and employment.
- From this experience we have learned that in a big party it is important to have the necessary and often controversial discussions on policy issues such as the health system while in opposition.
- It is a fact that, if I single out Germany, our rate of growth is too low and we have very high unemployment.
- We’re saying this to both countries: We want a two-state solution. We want a Jewish state of Israel and alongside a independent Palestinian state. Unilateral measures are not helping at all to bring about this cause, and we agree that we wish to cooperate very closely on this, because as we both say, time is of the essence.
- I see nothing that points to a recession in Germany. But I see considerable long-term tasks ahead of us that have to do with markets regaining confidence in Europe and that have a lot to do with reducing debt.
- In Europe it is particularly important that we build good relations to everyone who holds political responsibility because Europe can only be build together.
- Herr Schroder has conducted two electoral campaigns, and he is doing it again now, by not telling people what is really necessary. He keeps avoiding the difficult and uncomfortable issues, those that imply changes and therefore provoke discussions.
- The people in East Germany have lived through so many changes in the last 15 years like never before in the country, and they did this often with great enthusiasm. But in the West we also have a high degree of transformations.
- The markets want to force us to do certain things. That we won’t do. Politicians have to make sure that we’re unassailable, that we can make policy for the people.
- Thus, the focus on this main political goal must become more visible in EU politics and to achieve this, we need a political impulse. It must be clear what the priorities on the agenda are.
- I am not an expert in this field but I do try to keep up to date with the Bundesliga. And I do follow World Cups and European Championships more closely.
- I don’t carry any early childhood trauma around with me, if that’s what you’re hinting at. The story of the bicycles – and there were three of them which were stolen from me – I’ve dealt with it well.
- I felt really sorry for Oliver Kahn. Up to that point he had made lots of saves for the German team. Of course he could have caught the ball but it just happened. It was bad luck. In that situation, you need to be very strong psychologically to carry on.
- For a few years, more people have been leaving our country than entering it. Wherever it is possible, we must lower the entry hurdles for those who bring the country forward.
- It will not be possible to solve the current crisis with euro bonds.
- In the German football team players from different clubs need to get on with each other both on and off the pitch. In the grand coalition Christian Democrats and Social Democrats sit in the same boat and need to pull in the same direction.
- The euro is our common fate, and Europe is our common future.
- If we remind ourselves of the fact that every fifth American today rightly points and perhaps also with a certain degree of pride to his German ancestry or her German ancestry, we can safely say that we, indeed, share common roots.
- At the beginning of the 60’s our country called the foreign workers to come to Germany and now they live in our country. We kidded ourselves a while, we said: ‘They won’t stay, sometime they will be gone.’ But this isn’t reality.
- Let me say this on a personal note. Without the United States of America, I would in all probably not be able to stand here before you today.
- We feel bound to the Christian image of humanity – that is what defines us. Those who do not accept this are in the wrong place here.
- Today’s Russia is not to be compared with the Soviet Union of back then.
- I feel sorry sometimes for these sportsmen and women who put in just as much effort as the footballers. For example, athletes train at least as hard as footballers but have to be happy if they can earn enough to finance a decent education.
- Politicians have to be committed to people in equal measures.
- It is nonsense to say that Germans are unable to change.
- The problem is, of course, that these interest groups are all asking for changes, but their enthusiasm for change rapidly disappears when it affects the core of their own interests.
- Above all it is important to point out that we can only maintain our prosperity in Europe if we belong to the most innovative regions in the world.
- Whoever decides to dedicate their life to politics knows that earning money isn’t the top priority.
- Spying among friends is never acceptable.
- This multicultural approach, saying that we simply live side by side and live happily with each other has failed. Utterly failed.
- I said, yet again, for Germany, Europe is not only indispensable, it is part and parcel of our identity. We’ve always said German unity, European unity and integration, that’s two parts of one and the same coin. But we want, obviously, to boost our competitiveness.
- That is why everyone in politics, and we do it, must make sure that they do not depend on one single interest group. A good compromise is one where everybody makes a contribution.
- When it comes to human dignity, we cannot make compromises.
- The question is not whether we are able to change but whether we are changing fats enough.
- I have just explained my idea of how a constructive period of reflection, one that would send a clear message to the citizens of Europe: You should now what our priorities are. For Germany this means: Unemployment is one of one of our biggest problems.
- Nobody in Europe will be abandoned. Nobody in Europe will be excluded. Europe only succeeds if we work together.
- The willingness to learn new skills is very high.
- Overcoming the Cold War required courage from the people of Central and Eastern Europe and what was then the German Democratic Republic, but it also required the steadfastness of Western partner over many decades when many had long lost hope of integration of the two Germanys and Europe.
- As politicians we have to react to the fact that many people do not feel that they can relate to the EU.
- [observation, 2014] The possibility of total digital surveillance touches the essence of our life. It is thus an ethical task that goes far beyond far beyond the politics of security. Millions of people who live in undemocratic states are watching very closely how the world’s democracies react to threats to their security : whether they act circumspectly, in sovereign self-assurance, or undermine precisely what in the eyes of these millions of people makes them so attractive – freedom and the dignity of the individual
Angela Merkel Important Facts
- As of 2015 has been selected the most powerful woman on the planet for 10 years running by the magazine Forbes.
- One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. [April 2014].
- Has a look-alike puppet in the French show Les guignols de l’info (1988).
- Topped “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women” list by “Forbes” magazine for the second year in a row (30 August 2007).
- Born to Horst Kasner, a Lutheran pastor, and his wife Herlind Jentzsch, a teacher, she has an older brother, Marcus, and a younger sister, Irene.
- Appeared on the annual “Time 100” list, “Time” magazine’s annual ranking of the 100 most influential people in the world, in 2007 for the second time (4 May 2007).
- Launched a video podcast on her website, making her the first head of state to address her nation via video podcast (8 June 2006).
- Studied physics at the University of Leipzig from 1973 to 1978.
- Is fluent in German, Russian and English.
- In addition to being the first female German Chancellor, she is also the first one to have grown up in East Germany, the first one born after World War II, and the first one with a background in natural sciences. She studied physics, her predecessors law and business.
- Topped “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women” list by “Forbes” magazine in 2006 (1 September 2006).
- Ranked in the “Time 100: The People Who Shape Our World” list by “Time” magazine (8 May 2006).
- Spokesperson in Lothar de Maizière’s government; the only democratically elected prime minister of East Germany. She made his cousin Thomas de Maizière a member of her government in November 2005.
- From 22nd November 2005 the first female German Chancellor (Bundeskanzlerin).
- Worked and studied at the Central Institute for Physical Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences in the former GDR (1978-1990).
- Candidate to become Chancellor of Germany in the 2005 Federal election. She was minister for women and youth (1990-1994) and for the environment and reactor safety (1994-1998) in the cabinet of Helmut Kohl.
- Is the head of the political party CDU in Germany.
Angela Merkel Filmography
|Angela Merkel – Die Unerwartete||2016||Documentary||Herself||Self|
|Before the Flood||2016||Documentary||Herself||Self|
|Spy Swap : Looking Back on the Final Act||2016||Video documentary short||Herself||Self|
|Anne Will||2009-2015||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Winter on Fire: Ukraine’s Fight for Freedom||2015||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Self|
|CNN NewsCenter||2015||TV Series documentary||Herself – Chancellor of Germany / Herself / Herself – Bundeskanzlerin||Self|
|Tagesschau||2015||TV Series documentary||Herself||Self|
|Berlin Mitte||2002-2015||TV Series||Herself / Herself – Bundeskanzlerin||Self|
|International Desk||2015||TV Series||Herself – German Bundeskanzlerin||Self|
|The Situation Room||2015||TV Series||Herself – Bundeskanzlerin||Self|
|New Day||2015||TV Series||Herself – Bundeskanzlerin / Herself – Bundeskanzlerin Deutschland / Herself – Bundeskanzlerin Germany||Self|
|BBC News 8pm Summary||2015||TV Series short||Herself – German Chancellor||Self|
|Paul Murray Live||2014||TV Series||Herself – Chancellor of Germany||Self|
|Nowitzki: The Perfect Shot||2014||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Self|
|Sonneborn rettet die Welt||2013||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Das TV Duell – Merkel gegen Steinbrück||2013||TV Special||Herself||Self|
|Google and the World Brain||2013||Documentary||Herself – German Chancellor||Self|
|Schleswig-Holstein Magazin||2012||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Herr Wichmann aus der dritten Reihe||2012||Documentary||Herself||Self|
|Entweder Broder – Die Deutschlandsafari||2011||TV Series documentary||Herself||Self|
|Günther Jauch||2011||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Lola – Der Deutsche Filmpreis 2010||2010||TV Movie||Herself||Self|
|Wahlarena – Zuschauer fragen Angela Merkel||2009||TV Movie||Herself||Self|
|Menschen bei Maischberger||2009||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Mein Deutschland||2009||TV Series documentary||Herself||Self|
|Srpnová noc: Prímý prenos z minulosti||2008||TV Movie||Herself||Self|
|Max Planck: Umsturz mit Melancholie||2008||TV Movie documentary||Herself||Self|
|20 heures le journal||2007||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|BBC Four News||2007||TV Series||Herself – German Chancellor||Self|
|Deutschland. Ein Sommermärchen||2006||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Self|
|Die Kanzlerin||2006||TV Movie documentary||Herself||Self|
|2006 FIFA World Cup||2006||TV Mini-Series||Herself (uncredited)||Self|
|FIFA World Cup 2006: Final Draw||2005||TV Movie||Herself (uncredited)||Self|
|Menschen||2005||TV Series documentary||Herself||Self|
|Sabine Christiansen||1998-2005||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Greenpeace gegen Shell||2005||Documentary||Herself||Self|
|Ein Herz für Kinder||2003||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Unsere Besten||2003||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Denk ich an Deutschland – Herr Wichmann von der CDU||2003||Documentary||Herself||Self|
|Gabi Bauer||2002-2003||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Im Kreuzfeuer||2002||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Die Johannes B. Kerner Show||2002||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|III nach neun||2000||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Berliner Runde||1999||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|NDR Talk Show||1992||TV Series||Herself||Self|
|Der Kategorische Imperativ||2011||Documentary short||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Des Wahnsinns fetteste Beute||2011||Documentary short||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Willkommen Österreich||2010||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|The Onion News Network||2010||TV Series||Herself – Chancellor, Germany||Archive Footage|
|Schroeder!||2009||TV Series||Herself – Bundeskanzlerin||Archive Footage|
|Harald Schmidt||2009||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Kriegsversprechen||2009||Video documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Will Ferrell: You’re Welcome America – A Final Night with George W Bush||2009||TV Special||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Schmidt & Pocher||2007-2009||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|In Berlin||2009||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|The Day the Earth Stood Still||2008||Herself – German Chancellor (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Mitternachtsspitzen||2008||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|El hormiguero||2007||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Quer… durch die Woche||2007||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|M: Monitor||2007||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Extra Drei||2007||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Zapp||2007||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Endgame: Blueprint for Global Enslavement||2007||Video documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Krügers Woche||2007||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Der Geist des Geldes||2007||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Darüber lacht die Welt||2007||TV Series||Herself – at Bayreuth Festival||Archive Footage|
|Stern TV||2007||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Unter falscher Flagge||2007||Video documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Canada A.M.||2006||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Die 100 nervigsten…||2005||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|De wereld draait door||2005||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|TV total||2005||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Dispatches||2017||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Breakfast||2016||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Good Morning Britain||2016||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon||2016||TV Series||Herself – With President Obama||Archive Footage|
|Ataktoulis & Borat’s Vlogokatastaseis||2016||TV Mini-Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Have I Got News for You||2016||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Mitten in Deutschland: NSU||2016||TV Mini-Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Our Queen at Ninety||2016||TV Movie documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Demain||2015||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Heil||2015||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|The Challenge Show||2015||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Conspiracy||2015||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Inside Edition||2015||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Markus Lanz||2015||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|The Great European Disaster Movie||2015||Documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Günther Jauch||2015||TV Series||Herself – Bundeskanzlerin||Archive Footage|
|Democracy Now!||2011-2015||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|La dette, une spirale infernale?||2015||Documentary||Herself – Chancellor of Germany||Archive Footage|
|The Bolt Report||2014||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Last Week Tonight with John Oliver||2014||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Von Mädchen und Pferden||2014||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Irre sind männlich||2014||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Geliebte Feinde – Die Deutschen und die Franzosen||2013||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Docs interdits||2013||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Panorama||2013||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Kanzler – Regieren in Deutschland||2013||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Master of the Universe||2013||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|300 Worte Deutsch||2013||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Girlfriend in a Coma||2012||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Frohes Schaffen – Ein Film zur Senkung der Arbeitsmoral||2012||Documentary||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Sendung ohne Namen||2012||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|The Twenty-Eight Hits for Laughs||2012||TV Series||Herself – Frau Merkel||Archive Footage|
|Willkommen Baku||2012||TV Movie||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Kriegsversprechen II – Terrormanagement im 21. Jahrhundert||2012||Video documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|ZDFzeit||2012||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|The Tonight Show with Jay Leno||2012||TV Series||Herself – Victim of Beer Spill||Archive Footage|
|America’s Book of Secrets||2012||TV Series documentary||Herself||Archive Footage|
|Dorfers Donnerstalk||2005-2011||TV Series||Herself / Herself – G8 Summit 2007||Archive Footage|
|Putin, Russia and the West||2011||TV Series documentary||Herself – Chancellor of Germany||Archive Footage|
|Neues aus der Anstalt||2007-2011||TV Series||Herself / Herself – Bundeskanzlerin||Archive Footage|
|Almanya – Willkommen in Deutschland||2011||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|Das System – Alles verstehen heißt alles verzeihen||2011||Herself (uncredited)||Archive Footage|
|5 jaar later||2011||TV Series||Herself||Archive Footage|
Angela Merkel Awards
|2014||German Television Award||German Television Awards||Best Entertainment Program (Beste Unterhaltungssendung)||Wer wird Millionär? (1999)||Won|
|2014||German Television Award||German Television Awards||Best Entertainment Program (Beste Unterhaltungssendung)||Wer wird Millionär? (1999)||Nominated|